Getaway

Laya's POV

I ran down the steps of the police station accidentally tripping on the last one. Not letting myself fall I caught my balance and stood up straight. I hear the footsteps behind me coming closer so I quickly turn right. I couldn't go on for much longer. I felt like my appendix would burst any second.

The two men start running after me even faster. I could basically hear their panting breathes behind me. I come to a corner, and as if on cue a city bus pulls up and I hop on. I could see the two men trying to catch up to the bus as it pulled away. I fell into a seat nearby me gasping and getting strange looks from the passengers.

"What!" I shout they all look away rather quickly I must add. Yeah I can be scary if I want to be.

Jean's POV

I couldn't see anything but darkness and I can't remember anything but I have a sharp pain in the back of my head.

"Well look who's finally awake," I hear a female's voice speak up. "About time."

I try to move my hands when I realize that something is around my hands restraining them from moving. I then try to move my feet I realize I can but something heavy is holding them down.

"I wouldn't do that if I were the more you struggle the more you could hurt yourself." She says removing the thing that was over my head which i now can see was a sack. I send her a confused glance.

"The rope around your wrist could give you a burn and the cinder blocks ain't gonna do nothing but pull you back down."

"Why am I here?" afraid to talk because she is now staring down at me.

"Hmm you wanna know why you're here," she tilts her head them turns around so that her back is now facing me.

"Well your just a pawn in a game of mine," she says in a completely different voice. Which makes me jump halfway out the chair but since I have cinder blocks attached to me I don't get that high off the ground.

"Stay away from me!" I scream.

"YOU SHUT UP!" She immediately turns around and gives me one of the hardest punches I have ever had in my life. My vision starts to blur with the blood blocking my view. Then I realize she hasn't punched me she hit me with a bat IN THE HEAD.

"You're crazy!"

"We all have our own problems don't we," she says in an echoing voice.

"Like yours is that your married but leading Curtis on." I don't say anything in response I just stare at her dumbfounded wondering how she knew these things.

"Would you like to say anything else?" she asks in a sweet voice. I don't say anything but stare wide .

"No ... yeah I didn't think you'd want to," she said putting the bag back over my head. I eventually pass out because the feeling of the blood coming out of my head makes me feel light headed.

Curtis POV

"Why so glum Brenda?" I heard Ryan ask. I looked up from the magazine for only one reason and furrowed my eyebrows. Did he just say glum.

"I can't believe that Laya's not back yet," Brenda said sitting on one of the chairs in the kitchen.

"Its only been a couple of hours," I explained trying to calm her down little bit.

"Yeah she left at about three in the morning," Joe said.

"But now its six in the afternoon," Brenda expressed worriedly.