Can't hide

After two weeks of being grounded Karen decided to sneak out of her bedroom window to Laya's house. She walking down the partially flooded street in a night gown and slippers. It smelled like rain and was humid outside. She climbed the fence and pulled a pocket knife from her slipper. She saw a sleeping Baker tied to a tree.

She walked up to the dog slowly avoiding waking him up. When she got to him and in one swift movement and stabbed him. He let out one loud scream. Karen knew that the scream was loud enough to wake up Laya's family. She ran home as fast as she could and got in bed as quick as possible. Though she really liked Baker she felt that she needed to hurt him. He couldn't just stay unharmed. He was close to Laya which meant he had to be harmed. She once over heard her father say that he was going to harm someone who got on his bad side. But by taking something away he loved. Laya made the choice to be on Karen's bad side. She decided to tell about what happened on the swing. She had brought this all upon herself. Karen was on a mission. Everything Laya loved had to go.

 The next morning Karen was listening to her parents conversation from the stairwell. She over heard her parents talking about what had happened with Laya's dog.

"They said the dog was stabbed in the stomach and the wound was deep." she heard her mom say. An evil smirk came across Karen's face. 

"Well is he going to be okay?" her dad asked. 

"Yeah they rushed him to the vet he should be better in no time". her mom replied. The grin quickly went away. "Yeah I heard they're moving to moving to Ohio. They think it's too dangerous here. Plus most of their family is in Ohio." her mom said. 

 Karen walked into her room slowly no face expression. She started to feel the blood rushing through her veins. She looked in the mirror and there it was. Her eyes where dark green again.

"She can run but she can't hide."