End This

Laya's POV

"So this is it?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah it looks...different from when I last saw it." I said taking in the scent of the blueberry tree in front of the boarded up house.

"Yeah for starters it's boarded up now." Joe smirked.

"I don't know about this." Ryan said.

"What do you mean you don't know about this? If we find this book we are going to be one step closer to ending this." Curtis said.

"You're right. But before we go in I have some regulations." I rolled my eyes at Ryan's statement.

"Like what?" I asked.

"We will not split up. And if we do I will need a weapon." He said seriously. Which made me smile.

"You got it dude." Joe said putting a hand on Ryans shoulder.

"So how are we going to get in?"

"We don't want people to see us breaking in so let's go through the back." I said leading the others past the untrimmed trees and through the uncut grass.

When we got to the backyard we saw that the back door was also boarded up.

"We...probably should've seen this coming." Curtis said, we all nodded in agreement.

"So what now?" Ryan asked.

A loud smashing sound caused us all to jump. I look at Joe who stuck his hand through the now broken glass and opened the door.

"What the hell Joe!" I shouted holding my fast beating chest. He didn't acknowledge me but instead walked past me without sparing any of us a glance.

I looked around at everyone else who shared the same expression as I did.

"You guys coming or not?" He said coming into view and standing in the doorway.

"Y...yeah man here we come." Ryan said. "You almost gave me a freaking heart attack." He said walking in.

I let everyone go in front of me as I looked at the outside of the house. Familiar surroundings...familiar nightmares.

"I'll have no choice but to hurt you."

I'm not scared of her anymore.

"You know I don't want to have do that right?"

Don't think about it. Its just a memory. Memories fade.

"Laya you coming?" Ryan turned around and asked.

"Yeah...sorry." I said walking past him avoiding eye contact. I was almost past him when he grabbed my arm.

"I know it must be hard for you to revisit this place. But you have us... you're not alone." He said looking down at me. It wasn't the first time I had seen him serious but I was still getting used to it.

"Yeah I know I just wanted to...look at the scenery. " I bit my lip.

To my suprise instead of pressing me further he smiled and let me walk in front of him.

"This computer is kinda old. I wonder if there could be something on her to help us." I heard Joe say. I walked in to see him examining it.

"Joe come on..we aren't here to look at the computer. Lets just get the book and go." I said feeling a chill go down my back.

"You guys go get the book I'm gonna check this out."

"The rules Joe! The rules." Ryan said.

"He's right I don't think we should leave you down here alone." Brenda said.

"I'll stay down here with him..maybe he'll find something." Curtis walking over to Joe.

"Everyone else follow me." I lead them upstairs and into Karen's parents room.

"There's the book shelf. Leave no book unturned." Ryan said beginning to take books out of the shelf, tossing them into the floor when he found nothing."

"None of these are it." Brenda said frustratingly.

"Its in here we just have to keep looking." I told her. While throwing more books down. The books weren't faced the right way so we could not read the titles.

"I think I found it!" Brenda said opening a blank book.

"Let me see that." Ryan said taking it and flipping the pages. "WE GOT IT." He shouted. "Come on." I followed behind Brenda and Ryan and gave one last look at the room. There was a ring of a stain on the floor. It was an orangish color. I didn't have to really look into it to know what it was.

"Laya. You coming?" Ryan asked. I nodded my head and followed closely while we were walking down the old wooden stairs. Under me I felt the steps collapse and felt a sharp pain in my right leg. My face hit the wooden step in front of me and cut my lip.

"Laya." Joe ran up to me and started to help me out. I let out a squeal of pain. "Okay that legs really in there. I need help." Curtis grabbed me by my hip and lifted me up.

"Can you stand?" He asked. I nodded in response. They both let me go and started to walk towards the door with a heavy limp.

"Are you sure?" Ryan asked looking concerned.

"I'm fine." I said in a hard tone. "Joe did you find anything?"

"No nothing." He shook his head.

"What did you see so far in the book?"

"Remedies, rituals." Brenda answered. Taking a piece of paper from inside the book and slipping it into her back pocket.

"And all of the above." Ryan added opening the door for me to go out of. The rest followed behind us.

"So what's the plan?" Joe asked. Ryan spoke up.

"Gather around people. Get ready to be liberated."