Chapter 6

Aiden was quiet the next day. Every question I asked was met with either a short one word answer or he just shrugged and brushed it off. Eventually I finally took a hint and just kept my mouth shut. I was laying on the couch staring at the ceiling, lost in my own thoughts. More and more questions flooded my mind.

Why the hell did he want me so bad? Did Kate really have my best interest in mind? When would I forgive her, I knew I would, so there is really no point in dragging this out. What could be in that room? Why is he so distant and closed off? If I could just get in there, maybe, just maybe I could break open that wall he always seems to put up around me. But when? I'm never alone, and I sure as hell wouldn't risk it with him around.

Sure I know he won't kill me, but that doesn't mean he doesn't scare the shit out of me. Though last night was probably the kindest he's ever been to me. I still can't believe that I told him about her, that I would consider telling him the real reason for my guilt. He'd probably kill me right then and there if he knew. I almost laughed. He wasn't the only monster in this house.  I sighed heavily and pushed myself further into the brown leather.

I could hear Aiden moving around the house, cleaning or doing God knows what. He hadn't let me move anywhere on my own so I was basically confined to the bed or couch. That alone nearly drove me crazy. I can't stand just laying around doing nothing all day, it made me feel useless and highly unproductive. Aiden suddenly appeared out of nowhere, standing in the doorway, causing me to jump.

"We need to talk." he said coolly with no expression.

"Okay?" I shrugged.

He came and plopped down onto the arm chair next to the couch. "I....we...the gang, have some business that needs to be taken care of." he spoke cryptically

I gave him a look telling him to continue. "Well you can't really come with us, and I won't leave you hear alone." he explained.

"Just call Kate and tell her to come here, I'm pretty sure the rest of the gang  can handle your business." I offered. 

"I thought you were pissed at her?" he half questioned with a puzzled look.

I scoffed. "Please I could never stay mad at that girl and she knows it. She is my best, and probably only friend, I would probably forgive anything she did." I say studying him, looking for any hint to as what was going on inside that head of his.

"You're a good friend, loyal." he murmured.

"Well it would be kinda stupid not to forgive her since she is basically the only person I know and trust around here." I spoke in a tone more cold and angry than intended.

I saw sadness flash in his eyes, and knew I'd hit a nerve there. "Good. I'll call her, don't move." he said in harsh and equally cold voice before turning abruptly and stalking out of the room.

I grabbed the pillow from behind me and pressed it into my face, muffling the groans coming from my mouth. Maybe if I kept it there long enough I could suffocate to death and save myself from this shit. I sat there muttering to myself for a few minutes like a patient in a psychiatric facility. I removed the pillow from my face and chucked it across the room.

"Well I know you're pissed, but there really is no need for violence." she chimed.

I gasped bolting upright, calming down when I saw Kate with a smile on her face. I gave her a weak half-hearted smile. She sighed heavily walking over to the couch and sitting at my feet.

"Look we need to talk." we both said at the same time.

"You first." we said once more.

Kate laughed. "You go, I talked enough yesterday."