Chapter 10

I was restless. Aiden had not come back into the room since he had put me onto the bed. I must've been sitting here for hours, just laying there staring at the ceiling until I couldn't take it anymore. I huffed and shoved myself off the bed. I walked out the door, closing it behind me, and walking through the hallway into the living room, where Aiden was sitting on the couch talking on the phone.

Once he saw me he said a quick goodbye and shut the phone off. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and sat on the couch as far away from him as possible. 

"What is going on Aiden?" I ask, making my voice sound strong.

He said nothing, just sat there looking past me. "Aiden is this about him, about Michael?" I try again.

"Don't you ever say that fucking name again." he growled.

I flinched at his sharp tone and the harshness of his words. "Please just talk to me. I can handle whatever it is."

Aiden shakes his head and laughs bitterly. "You don't understand Kara." he used my name, not angel, he had never called me by my name. Something definitely had to be wrong.

I waited patiently for him to begin again. "When Michael wants something he gets it, no matter what, even if he needs to kill to do so. And right now he wants you, and he won't stop angel. He won't stop until he either has you, or you are dead."

"Well he can't have me." I whispered looking at my hands.

"Then you are going to die." Aiden said bitterly.

"I don't fear it Aiden. Death and I made peace a long time ago." he looked a bit taken aback.

It would happen one way or another, and who the hell was I to try and take on the universe, to try and cheat death. For me there never was a beautiful paradise or afterlife waiting just beyond the golden gates. I never bought into the stories. I guess that also helped me come to terms with my eventual fate.

"You can't say that angel. Not until you have looked at death right in the eyes, you cannot say that." he spoke softly looking into my eyes, trying to understand the thoughts in my head. If only he knew just how close death and I had become.

"Everyone dies Aiden. It is a part of life, an unavoidable part." I explain, looking up from my hands. His eyes held sorrow and pain within them.

"I don't want to lose you angel, and I won't. He will never have you, not as long as I am here." Aiden assured me. I simply nodded and waited for him to change the subject.

And as usual he did. "So today I...we...the gang. We have a meeting of sorts and it's going to be in the house."

"Okay, what does this have to do with me?" I ask shrugging my shoulders.

"I thought that I would introduce you to them. We are a family, we are all each other has, and I would like for them to also meet you." he looked hopeful.

"Okay." I say casually.

"That's good...because they will be here in a few minutes." he nodded his head and stood from the couch, walking into the kitchen.

Was I ready to meet anyone, hell no. Did I want to meet them, that's an even bigger no. But who knows, maybe they could be nice. Kara who the hell are you trying to fool. Do you not remember those 3 assholes that hit you, tied you to a chair, and drugged you? My mind screamed at me. And for once I think it had a point. They couldn't exactly be nice people if they were in a gang.

Not a few minutes later there was a hard knock at the door. I stayed put on the couch as Aiden went to answer it. Kate ran into the room squealing, before engulfing me in a tight hug. She acted as if I had not seen her just 4 days ago.