The Abandoned 9

The Abandoned

Chapter 9:

I Had To Think. Where The Hell Could He Have Escaped To? I Searched Mason's Closet And Everything But I Still Couldn't Find Him. In The Corner Of My I Noticed His Bedroom Window Was Open. At That Moment I Knew. He Climbed Out. And That's How He Escaped. But Where Did He Go? In Fact, Where COULD He Go? He Barely Had Friends And I Can Imagine Why. I Walked Out Of His Room And Shut His Door. Quietly. I Made My Way Down The Stairs And Noticed That Sam Was Gone To. How Could He Just Leave Like That! My Parents Were Lying On The Couch Half Conscious And He Just Leaves Me. Now I Was Really Stuck Alone. Or Maybe Not. My Mom And Dad Were Starting To Wake Up At That Very Moment. I Took Off The Blankets They Had Covering Them. "Jennifer? Wha- What Happened?", Asked Dad While Rubbing His Head. Mom Started To Awaken Too. "Well.. ", I Started, "The Fan Sorta Fell On You Guys And Uhm The Lights Kinda Blew Out", I Explained While Pointing At The Shattered Fan. "Well Are You Alright?", Groaned Mom. "Yeah I'm-" "And Mason. Is He Okay Too?", She Interrupted. "He's Fine Mom.", I Explained. "Well Where Is He?", She Asked? "What?" "Where's Mason?" She Questioned. "He's Upstairs. Sleeping", I Lied. "Could You Go Get Him? I Wanna Check In On Him", Mom Asked. "I'd Rather You Not..", I Said. My Face Turned Bright Red. "Jennifer Is There Something You're Not Telling Us?", Asked Dad. "No It's Just That-" "Go Get Your Brother Like Mom Asked. Wake Him Up And Tell Him To Come Downstairs.", Dad Said. My Throat Became Dry. "Go On", Dad Gestured With His Hands. What Was I Going To Do? I Knew Damn Right That Mason Had Left The House. Especially This Late. It Was 11:07 P.M At Night. No One Was Aloud To Leave The House Past 9:00 P.M. I Started Towards The Stairs. Creak After Creak I Reached The Top. There It Was. Mason's Room. Dead Ahead. I Slowly Approached His Door. And Opened It. My Jaw Dropped. I Was Shocked. I Couldn't Do Anything But Stare. There He Was On His Bed Covered Up Watching Tv. As If Nothing Even Happened. He Waved At Me And Gave Me This Creepy Grin. And You Wouldn't Believe This But, In The Corner Of My Eye I Could Sam. Locked Up In His Closet. Mouth Taped Shut And Everything. I Stood In His Doorway Frozen. I Couldn't Move. And My Face Was White As If I Had Seen A Ghost. I Looked Around His Room Some More And I Noticed A Gun. Right There On Top Of His Dresser. In Plain Sight. To Me It Looked Loaded. If Only You Knew The Things That Were Going Through My Head. I Figured It Out Now. Mason Was Planning To Shoot Sam. Or Better Yet Kill Him. And If Not Him Then Me.