39. Baby

We're skipping ahead here...

Jade and Sean were thrilled to find out that they were having a boy.

Because Sean was still in recovery, spending the first few months in rehab, then being busy with physical therapy and his psychiatrist, I accompanied Jade to most of her doctor appointments.

We all went to the gender reveal one though. Dante pushed Sean through the halls on the wheelchair that he would soon be out of and I tried to catch up with Jade who was surprisingly fast for a pregnant woman.

"Look at his thing! Is that his thing?" Jade asked, pointing to the monitor that had images of her baby on it.

"Yes, it is." The doctor laughed. "It's a boy!"

The room fell silent then. The four of us had our eyes glued to the little person on the tv in front of us. "There's a person in you." I said, stating the obvious. But in my defense, that was the first time that it actually hit me. Knowing it's gender and being able to distinguish its arms and legs made it so much more real in my mind.

"Whoa... I'm having a son." Sean said, glassy-eyed.

I looked over at Dante who had the strangest look on his face.

"Don't get any ideas." I gently nudged his side.

"Hmm... it might be too late, Skyla."

Although Sean wanted to be kept up to date with everything baby related, his relationship with Jade still wasn't... solid. They had never established themselves as anything other than soon to be parents. They acted like nothing more than friends  but calling them friends was off the table. They didn't like to be called the f-words, but they also didn't want anyone to say that they were in an official relationship...

But I guess that was understandable considering the fact that they were never anything and Sean's accident delayed them in becoming anything.

They did live together which just made the whole situation even more confusing. Susan and Anthony allowed Sean and Jade to move into their furnished garage which had everything in it that a regular house would. Kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedrooms. It was huge.

I was positive that it was Susan's doing though. She hired nurses and was also available around the clock for her recovering son. She seemed to be the most enthusiastic about the baby. I guess she didn't think Sean would ever give her grandkids, or have children that he knew about...

So having her son and grandson living in the house right beside her mansion was a dream come true in her eyes. Her husband, on the other hand, wasn't too thrilled. He saw Jade as some random girl that his son knocked up and would spend the next eighteen years paying child support to.

The baby ended up being born near the end of that summer. I was actually with her the moment she went into labor.

Dante had taken Sean to his weekly physical therapy appointment so Jade and I decided to do some necessary shopping. And I say necessary because if it wasn't, the moody pregnant woman would not leave the house.

She needed to decide on a crib once and for all. I guess shopping with a billionaire's card made the possibilities endless. Money was not an issue when it came to the baby so Jade was torn between two very expensive cribs.

"Skyla, why the f*ck are you walking so slow? Hurry up I want to get out of here already." My pregnant friend snapped. She was quicker now than she had been before getting pregnant.