13. Fight

I didn't expect to get this out today but I did! Yayayayay!!!

The next morning we woke up starving. The hotel had a whole breakfast bar buffet downstairs that I hadn't been to yet and just like the pool, Dante promised me I would love it. But first we went up to my room so that I could to change into actual clothes. I dressed as basic as a person could get– boots, a North Face, and a pair of jeans.

"Whoa." My eyes went wide as as we walked into the dining hall. "This is like food heaven."

"Go crazy." Dante laughed, picking up a plate and heading over to the waffle station.

I took one of everything that was being offered. Dante made me waffles, I took some eggs, hash browns, ham and bacon, fruit, and a yogurt parfait. "You weren't lying when you said you liked food." He looked at me like I was a little crazy. "I'm a little bit jealous." Dante confessed as I swirled my tongue around the spoon.

I decided to take another bite of yogurt and again slowly lick it off. He concentrated on the spoon for a moment and then said, "Stop teasing me."

I laughed and went back to eating like a normal person. Dante's breakfast was lot simpler than mine. All he had on his plate was a waffle, some eggs and toast. He did however go through three cups of coffee in what seemed like three minutes.

"You really like coffee, huh?" I observed, taking another bite of my waffle.

"Si." He smiled. "Don't you like it?"

Not particularly. "Yeah, I'm just not as into it as you are."

"Aw, don't get jealous." He joked. "I'm sure you'll eventually rise up to its level."

"You say it like that's going to be hard. Your so easy, Dante." I took another spoonful of yogurt and this time let the spoon linger for longer than what was necessary.

He took another sip of coffee and said, "Ahh, nope, sorry Skyla, unless that becomes something other than a spoon in your mouth, coffee still wins."

***

"Skyla!" I heard a very angry voice call. We had just left breakfast and were now in the lobby. "I know you hear me." She yelled. "Don't act stupid! I mean you are, but you're not deaf!"

I turned around to see Angela, tall, blonde, and crazy eyed. She looked like she hadn't slept in weeks. "What are you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"You went off on me the other day for being a whore, but you're the real whore!" She pushed me back.

"What the f@ck are you talking about?" I grabbed her wrist, throwing her hand off of me. Dante had gone to the bathroom and I was kind of glad. This b!tch had a death wish. Who the hell did she think she was, calling me a whore.

"You are the reason that he left me at the altar! Do you not realize how humiliating that was for me?" Did she not realize how humiliating it was when they got together two weeks after I broke up with him?

"God Skyla, I swear you are just so selfish. I knew you went missing that night, but I didn't know you went to him. I didn't know you were his last adventure."

"What are you talking about, Angela? Are you on something?" She definitely was. This wasn't her. I knew her better than anyone.

"I told you not to act stupid. The day of my bridal shower you just disappeared. I know you went off with Nick. I know you slept with him."

"Who the hell told you that?" I was about to straighten them out.

"Nick did! I had to go return the freaking ring. So naturally I asked what happened. Do you know what he told me?" No I did not, but I had a feeling it wasn't good, because my cousin had tears leaking out of her eyes. "He told me that you went up to our room and had sex with him. He said that you said that you still loved him. He said that after that night he wasn't sure anymore. He told me that you confused him. How could you do that to me?"