30. Needs

I woke up at around noon time. There was a tray of warm food waiting for me on the small table. The door to my room was shut completely, so I was free to eat as fast as I wanted without anyone judging me. I was starving since I didn't really get fed last night.

After I ate I showered in the tiny bathroom that was in my room. Dante had supplied me with all the needed toiletries. I liked the clothes he gave me too. Sweatpants and t-shirts. Maybe this was all he could get his hands on, but I was glad. It's not like I was going anywhere anytime soon. Mine as well be comfortable.

After thinking about it for a good half an hour I left my room. There weren't as many people as I thought there'd be. There was Anthony, Susan, Jade, Dante, And a couple of other men who I didn't know. Of course they carried guns.

I found Dante talking to Anthony in the hallway. I couldn't tell what it was about, because they stopped talking as I approached.

"Hey." They greeted me.

"Hi." I said back, not really sure what to do now.

Dante told Anthony to give him a minute so he could talk to me. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing much." I replied playing with the hem of my shirt. "I was just wondering what's going on. Is Silvio down here too?" I've only met the guy once and he already scared the living daylights out of me.

"Yeah he's down here. This is probably the safest place right now. No one knows it exists. They probably think we're at one of his estates."

I nodded. This was awkward. We used to be able to talk for hours, but right now all I could think about was how strong his arms looked in that shirt. There was so much tension between us and I couldn't stand it.

His eyes were focused on my boobs. I wasn't wearing a bra at the moment, and apparently he realized. I didn't think it was that noticeable because the shirt was a little baggy, but I guess it was.

"So what's going on? What's gonna happen?"

"I'm not involved in the big decision making, so I'm not exactly sure what they plan on doing. They're just trying to stop Nick and his people. We have to wait it out."

"But everything will be ok, right?" I sounded like a little girl.

"Yeah." He pushed his eyes back up. Throughout this whole conversation they would move down then quickly up then down again.

I nodded. "Ok." I wasn't sure what else to say. So I turned around and walked back into my room, where I found a bra to put on. Then I went over to Jade's room.

This was where all the girls were. Susan and Jade were sitting on the sofa talking, because there was no tv to watch or any phones to play with.

They welcomed me in, glad to have someone else to talk to. Both of them avoided the topic of Sean, and it was obvious that they were avoiding Dante too. It was probably because of me. But they were still glad I was there.

This was one of the most boring days of my life. I mean there was nothing to do nor was there anything to talk about. The atmosphere was depressing.

Eventually I went back to my room, exhausted from not doing anything.

I threw myself on the sofa and practiced saying the alphabet backwards. I did that with no problem after a half an hour. Then I tried counting backwards from a hundred. I did that twice.