38. Finally

The original cover of Five Star Hotel ♥️

——————
Okay, okay, so this is not the original ending to any re-readers. I left that chapter untouched... in all honesty, I haven't even read it because I mean... CRINGE! So I'm adding these next couple of chapters which is basically the original last chapter just hopefully better... does that make sense?

Whatever, you'll see what I mean once you read them.

(full disclosure: I really really slacked on the ending because I was focused on something else and I've always felt kind of guilty about that)

I stayed at the hospital until Dante got clearance to leave. He continuously tried to kick me out, claiming to have felt bad about keeping me locked up with him in the little plain room day after day.

"Fine, if you really want me to leave then I'll leave." I finally gave in.

"Right now?" He asked, shocked by my answer. "You will be back tomorrow, right?"

I laughed. "You don't want me to go anywhere, do you?"

"No, but it would be rude not to offer."

"Well, stop offering, because I don't want to go anywhere."

I took care of him as best as I could. My arm was beginning to heal even though it still hurt, but I was okay. My biggest concern was the PTSD that the doctor diagnosed me with. I had this reoccurring dream with flashes of Angela collapsing in front of me. The image of Dante falling to the ground. Nick pointing a gun at my head.

I had a feeling that none of it would go away. Not even the ridiculous therapy they had me go to would help with my trauma. Keeping myself preoccupied with Dante worked though. He couldn't do much for himself, so I gladly ran around completing whatever errands he needed help with.

On top of dealing with Dante's recovery, Jade and I visited Sean every single day. Sometimes more than once. When the doctor let us we wheeled Dante into Sean's room so he could visit him.

I didn't understand most of the medical terms that the doctors said to the three of us, but there were a couple of things that we all understood crystal clear even though none of us wanted to accept them.

He was still in critical condition. The doctors couldn't detect too much brain activity, so they were giving up. "There's nothing else we can do. Even if he does wake up there's no saying that he will be the same."

Susan was a mess. Jade spent most of her time comforting her. They talked about the baby a lot.

Silvio would come and go. The funny thing was that no one wanted him around. Not even the doctors and nurses. Even Dante began to get annoyed by his visits.

Silvio would show up unannounced and try to give what he thought was helpful advice to everyone. He may have been the boss, but he definitely didn't know what he was talking about when it came to medicine.

"I am fine. Do you know what would make things better?" Dante had asked his father.

"What?"

I sat in the back corner every time Silvio came over. He shot Nick, saving my life, but he made it clear that we weren't friends.

"If you would just go back to Italy." Dante admitted. "You must have a ton of things to sort out after everything that's happened."

"I do have some people that I need to take care of." God, that man scared me.