Seeing her

"Hey Tommy whatcha say we head on down to the lake and catch some dinner for tonight?"

"Sounds good J.D. sounds good."

J.D. Lance was the owner of a big farm in Zion Kentucky a small town 10 mins outside of the Henderson Ky county line. He was one of the counties most wealthy and available bachelors. He was a hardworking self made man and was rarely found to be sensitive. He did have redeemable and wonderful qualities. He was loyal to those who had done right by him and while not overly sensitive he was a giving and fair man.

Standing at six foot two and 32 years old with a head full of dark wavy hair and crystal blue eyes he was built strong and skin was kissed by the sun. Tommy his best friend and farm overseer was was around the same height with blond hair and blue eyes. Both were graduates of University of Kentucky which shocked most when they found out the started facing right out of graduation.

" Hey Tommy come on man let's get on down the road, " J.D. shouted from the truck at Tommy who was still in the house.

"I'm here man I'm here. Let's go,"

Tommy said jumping in the truck.

The guys headed on down the road towards the lake which set on property of J.D.'s. blaring Eric Church on the radio and singing along. While driving J.D. noticed a girl walking down the road. Her hair thrown on top of her head with a white fitted shirt on tucked into a pair of faded blue jeans. She was balancing a bag in one hand and pulling a suitcase with the other.

She looked as though she might have been mixed or a light skinned black girl. She looked dirty and like she had been walking for quite some time. He couldn't help but wonder where she had come from and why she was in this town. He put her out of his mind and continued to drive.

"Hey J.D. did you see that girl? She looked like she ain't seen a plate of food in a long time. Ever seen her before? "

" I saw but never before now. Wonder what she's Doin walking these back country roads with suitcases?"

" Should we offer help?"

" No we don't offer nothing. I ain't getting involved in no domestic problems. More than likely she's fighting with her man and took off. Let's just go fishin. "

" Alright man keep on driving but that's cold. That Lil girl shouldn't be our here alone and she looks like she's been our here for days. "

" Then maybe she should go back home. "

Tommy finally dropped the conversation and we pulled up to the lake. I loved fishing. It was a great way to process your thoughts and get things off your chest. We were catching quite a few but I was quickly becoming annoyed by thoughts of the girl I saw walking down the road.

"Hey J.D. your phone is ringing in the truck. "

" Son of a..." J.D. mumbled to himself as he walked over to the truck. " It's the sheriff callin. "

" Sheriff, " said Tommy, " See what he wants."

" Hello, Lance speakin," J.D. spoke into the phone.

"Hey there J.D. it's Sheriff Moore."

" Yes Sheriff what can I do fo' ya?"

" Well J.D. I was driving last your property and found a trespasser on your land. I've arrested her and have her with me now. Do you wanna press charges?"

" Are you still at the house sheriff? "

"Yes J.D. I am."

" Hold em there then I'm on way. Let me have a talk with em. Se what they want. I have hands walk up all the time lookin for work. "

" Alright see you soon."

" Hey Tommy let's go. Sheriff done arrested someone at the house."

" Let's go then."