Romance & Regrets

"Jafar...how do you really feel about Sinbad?"

Jafar tensed up at the ex-gladiator's question, no one had ever asked Jafar how he felt about his king, not even Aladdin. He looked Masrur in the eyes, his gaze saddening a bit.

"To be honest, I-I'm not sure...Sin and I have been through a lot together, I'm not really sure how I feel about him," he sighed. "Besides, even if I did make up my mind, it'd be too late."

The two males stood in silence, both still looking at each other, not saying anything. Masrur had figured out over time how Jafar truly felt about Sinbad, but had been incredibly hesitant to tell his king and now, Jafar was right, what good would it be if he confessed? It's not like Sinbad would accept his confession.

A couple of days had passed, Sinbad leant against a pole, admiring the view of his country. When his bride to be caught his eye, he stood up straight as she slowly walked towards him, an exhausted look on her face.

"Hey Hakuei, you alright?" He asked, taking the smaller female in for a tight hug.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she sighed, returning the hug as she looked down at the ground. "Are you sure we aren't rushing into this?"

Tilting Hakuei's chin up with a finger delicately, Sinbad's eyes met hers. "No, I don't think so, I'm glad that I'm getting to marry you, I wouldn't ask for anybody else," he smiled, leaning down to capture the princesses lips.

Hakuei was very hesitant to kiss Sinbad but calmed down when she felt Sinbad's grip around her tighten. The two royal's stood in place, lips connected for a few minutes, both getting lost in each others eyes.

"L-Lady Hakuei...S-Sin..." a shaky voice broke the two apart.

"Oh, hey Jafar," Sinbad greeted the chief with a smile.

"Is everything alright?" The younger female asked, looking the chief in the eyes, noticing he didn't look alright.

"I-I...you're wanted for a dress fitting, Lady Hakuei," he announced, avoiding their gazes.

"That's right, sorry Sinbad, I got caught up in...well you know," Hakuei giggled. "I'd better get going," she stood up on her tippy toes and kissed Sinbad gently on the cheek before hurrying off.

Sinbad let out a heavy sigh, a big smile on his lips as he watched the younger female until she was completely out of sight. Jafar stood in place and stared at his king, he had never seen Sinbad looking so...in love with a woman before, he tensed up as he squeezed his wrist, his brows in a frown.

"Jafar, is there something you wanted to tell me?" He asked, turning around to face the ex-assassin who looked him in the eyes with an unfriendly gaze.

"No...I don't, I just came to remind Lady Hakuei..." he sighed, hurrying off.

"Jafar! Wait!" The king shouted, hurrying after the younger male.

"King Sinbad! There you are, we need you to see this," a guard informed the king, who's eyes watched the younger male disappear.

"What's up?" Sinbad asked, as he and the guard disappeared into a room down the hall.

A few hours had passed and it was night, the moon shone right into the chief's room, bathing everything in moonlight. Jafar sighed as he felt the scars on his back, slowly running his hand up one side of his back. He had received these scars shortly after becoming an assassin from the man who had forced him to kill his parents, he gripped his arm as he remembered the look on his parents face, their loud blood curdling screams rang through his ears. He crouched down and threw his hands over his ears as tears welled in his eyes.

"M-mother...father, please forgive me," he sobbed softly, as if he were reliving that moment.

"Jafar..." A gentle gasp made the younger male spin around quickly.

"S-Sin?" he gulped, quickly turning to face his king, so that his back was out of Sinbad's view.