Chapter 7

A/N: Sooooo a HUGE thanks to the lovely glitterandsunshine for making me a new book cover, it’s so pretty! Definitely go check out her stories they are pretty much the bomb! :{D ALSO, I decided to change Jamesons character, picture on de side mon! -Sxx

Jacob walked into our small classroom and I could feel everyone tense up. After all we were ALL arrested it’s not like we’re going to look at the police with respect.

The entire time ‘Officer French’ gave his speech I was either counting the ceiling tiles or fiddling with the silver rings that adorned my fingers. My right eye twitched occasionally but that was normal for when I’m silently irritated. I might be forced to be here but I certainly am not forced to listen.

I looked over and noticed Jameson had a really strange look on his face. I want to say it was one of anger, annoyance, and thankfulness? Or maybe he just had to poop, I don’t know either way he still looked damn good.

When Jake was finished with his drab speech our instructor dismissed us from class. I stayed back collecting my purse and my thoughts. Jameson waited for me and we walked out of the class together.

“Savannah, could I have a word with you?” Jake said slapping a sweet look on his devil face. Our instructor had already left the room so it was just me, him, and Jameson.

“I have things to do.” I said annoyed, I just want to go home and curl up in a comfy ball after this day from hell.

“It’ll only take a second.” He said gritting his teeth. I could tell he was trying to hold his anger back. I rolled my eyes as he pulled my wrist and led me back into the classroom.

“I’ll wait out here.” Jameson’s sweet voice said as he planted himself right outside of the door. I smiled gratefully at him whilst I was being dragged away by the beast himself.

Jake closed the door and I took a seat. “What now?” I asked crossing my arms.

“Just making sure my little princess is staying on the straight and narrow.” He said casually stroking my cheek.

“Don’t call me that” I growled out swatting his hand away harshly.

“Yea your definitely sober now, you’re even feistier than I remember.” He grinned almost evilly now taking a seat next to me.

“Do you ever miss us?” He asked looking directly into my eyes, his hand made his way to me knee and I froze. What is this idiot trying to do now?

Despite remembering the good times we shared Jake is a possessive asshole who arrested me.

“No” I said coldly standing and making a run for the door.

“I will have you again babes.” He whispered in my ear pulling me back by my wrist.

I yanked myself from his hold and promptly left the room. No you will not have me EVER again, jerk.

I speed walked out of there forgetting that Jameson had been waiting for me.

“Hey wait up!” He said jogging up to me.

“Sorry, I forgot you were waiting.” I said feeling like an idiot.

“No worries. I was wondering if you’d want to go get ice cream with me or something?” Jameson asked me with his hand nervously itching the back of his neck.

A wide smile played on my lips “Yea, Ice cream sounds good.”

With that we both linked arms and walked out of the building. I could feel Jake staring holes in the back of my head the whole time, and part of me felt proud I could still make him jealous.

*******

The whole walk over to dairy queen me and Jameson made small talk, our arms still linked together. Being with him felt good; it also helped knowing he was sober just like me. I didn’t have to worry about him offering me a bong rip or a beer and it was nice.

We walked up to the counter, I ordered a small Reese’s blizzard treat and he ordered a large vanilla cone dipped in chocolate. He paid like a gentleman and we both took a seat at the tables outside.

“So how do you know Mr. Officer back there?” He asked after taking a huge lick of ice cream.

“Well to make a long story short, he is my ex-boyfriend and he is also the officer that arrested me.” I said sighing, taking a bite of my own desert.

“That’s fucked up.” He said bluntly causing me to giggle.

“Oh trust me I know.” I said still giggling some.

“If it makes you feel any better, he arrested me too.” He said back.

“No way! What a small world, my ex-boyfriend has it out for the both of us.” I joked.

“He sure does.” He said nodding at something behind me. I turned to look and saw Jake pretending to patrol the streets. He wasn’t looking at us at that moment but I knew what he was up to.

“Ugh, he’s freaking crazy! I’m sorry.” I said embarrassed. Who wants to date a girl with a crazy ex that happened to arrest them too?

“It’s all good. You know in a way he kind of helped me out.” Jameson spoke looking deeply concentrated.

“Oh, how so?” I asked confused.

“I was headed down a really bad path. If I hadn’t been arrested I don’t know where I would be.” He said finishing his ice cream.

“Yea, me too.” I said softly looking down.

Sometimes you have to see the beauty in the disaster. Maybe getting arrested was for the best.