Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning to call my parents, as I figured I should fill them in. After all I cannot afford a lawyer on my own.

The phone rang several times until my mother's cheerful voice reached my ears.

"Pumpkin! How are you sweetie?" She spoke. She is way too much of a morning person.

"Uh, I'm doing alright I suppose.How're you and dad?" I asked back as if everything was a-ok.

"Were doing great honey we just got back from our trip to Bora Bora." My dad's voice chimed in indicating that he had picked up the other phone.

"That sounds awesome" I spoke with fake enthusiasm, lame-os never take me on fantasy vacations...

"So is there a reason you're calling us hun?" My mom spoke again sweetly.

I rolled my eyes before speaking again "Yes actually, I'm err, in a bit of trouble..."

"Go on" my dad's voice spoke this time filled with concern.

"Th-the other night I may have gotten a DUI...from Jake..." I stuttered out.

"You what?! And Jacob gave it to you?! What a, what a turd!" My mom screeched. Looks like I've ruined her good mood, oops.

"While I'm very disappointed in you, we'll get this all straightened out dear." My father said reassuring me yet making me feel like crap because he was 'disappointed in me'.

"Why can't you be more like your sister?" My mom said still continuing on her rant.

"Maybe because she's a freaking nun living in a freaking convent?! I'm sorry but normal people do not live like that." I said angrily, I could feel my blood pressure spike "you know what good day to you!"

"And what about your job, you just left your internship, how will you live?!" my mom just kept on going, she usually did things like this, she'll calm down once she's had her happy pills.

"I said good day!" I spoke again.

"Honey we'll call our lawyer and set up a meeting don't sweat it." My dad spoke right before I hit the end call button. This is the reason I'm a daddy's girl. I then proceeded to chuck my iPhone into my king sized bed as I let out a loud groan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later I had several meetings with a lawyer.

We went over what had happened, what is going to happen, and what will hopefully happen along with a lot of other legal mumbo jumbo.

One of the conditions before my trial being I need to enroll in Alcohol and Drug treatment classes to try and reduce my sentence. These classes meet weekly and from what I understand they suck the life out of your bank account. Woot.

This means I really need to find a job and quick.

I bounded down the steps of my apartment with my flip flop clad feet. I walked down to my White 2006 Honda Civic and got in. Starting the car up I punched in the address of the alcohol treatment classes and was on my way.

About 15 minutes of driving through the city I found a tall run down building and parked right out front.

I hopped out putting a few quarters in the parking meter and walked towards the door.

Pulling the glass door I was greeted by a line of who I assumed to be my class mates waiting to pay at the front desk.

While I waited my turn I noticed a rather sexy man two people ahead of me. He had shaggy brown hair and warm brown eyes. I continued checking him out so to speak as the line continued to move up.

When my turn arose I walked into the office and signed my name in on the list. I also looked up the man I had been staring at. The name on the sign in sheet was Jameson Bradley.

Hmm hot name for a hot man

I paid my dues of $40 and walked down a long corridor to a little white room at the right. Almost all of the chairs in the wide circle were filled but I saw the seat I wanted to take. It was right next to sexy.

I slid into my seat pushing my black leather bag underneath.

"You new here?" Jameson spoke looking at me with a warm smile.

"Yep, Savannah Palmer" I grinned holding my hand out for him to shake.

"Jameson Bradley, nice to meet you." He shook my hand firmly lingering for a moment before breaking away.

"So what are you in for?" I asked looking into his gorgeous brown eyes.

"This time around I'm in for possession of Marijuana, last time was for a DUI. Needless to say I'm done for good this time." He said looking slightly embarrassed.

But good boys are no fun...

"Ah I see I'm in for a DUI myself, my first offense." I said not to proud myself.

We continued to chat until our instructor entered the room. I stole one last glance at Jameson before turning my full attention to the woman in front of the room.

Maybe drug classes won't be so bad after all...