Chapter 6

Monday morning I woke up feeling incredibly anxious about my first day. Since I’m on this new sober lifestyle and what not I’m scared for what my new work will make me do. I mean they were drinking beer and smoking weed for god sakes. The old me wants to do both desperately but the new legally bound me knows I’ll be in deep shit if I do.

I sighed running my fingers through my messy hair as I stared at my closet deciding on what to wear. I settled for a pair of nice black skinny jeans, a red and white flowy top and bright red wedge heels. I threw my distressed leather jacket on top and made my way out the door. I was much too late to eat anything as I wasn’t used to waking up early.

I made my way to my new place of work and went inside. I was greeted by the familiar receptionist that I had come to know as Rachelle.

“Hey girl, go right on in to Justin’s office.” She smiled at me taking a sip of her orange juice. I had all rights to suspect there was vodka in it but I dismissed it and simply flashed her a smile.

I walked over to the familiar office I had just been in recently. I fearlessly opened the door to reveal Justin sitting there once again. A wide grin spread across his face as he looked me up and down.

“Lookin’ good newbie” He said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

“I know” I replied jokingly rolling my eyes “So what will I be doing today?”

“Well, right now I need you to go to Starbucks on Lincoln Ave and get me 2 Venti Cinnamon Dolce Lattes with extra cinnamon, and an extra shot of espresso.” He spit his order out at me as if it were nothing.

“Uh I’m sorry but I thought I had applied for a writing position.” I said protesting his stupid coffee order.

“Well sweetie, you have to work your way up from the bottom. And right now you’re my bitch.”

He said winking at me.

“First off, I might be a bitch but I am NOBODIES bitch. Second, if I must get your girly coffee drinks why can’t I just go to the Starbucks around the corner?” I spoke feeling my blood pressure rise dramatically. It is much too early for this business!

“Because I like the way the baristas at the Lincoln Starbucks make my order, now shoo. There is much to do today.” He explained completely ignoring the first thing I had said. Jerk.

I grabbed the money he handed me and stormed out of the office. I was happy to have a job don’t get me wrong, this man was just driving me nuts. I mean how can someone so hot be such a turd?!

I proceeded to walk 5 blocks in my high heels and got Justin’s coffee order. I started my trek back spilling little bits of coffee along the way.

When I finally had made it back I was already exhausted. I walked back into his office and roughly set the coffees on his desk. In fact I set them down so rough one knocked over and spilled all over his dark wash jeans. Oops.

He looked up at me clearly annoyed and I just smiled at him like the Angel baby I am.

“I am sooooo sorry.” I faked nice dragging out my ‘so’.

“No worries” He said calmly. I could tell he was trying to hold back his anger though. He stood up and began unzipping his pants.

“Uh-“ was all I could manage to get out as my incredibly hot, rude boss took his pants off. This is not happening right now.

I stared wide eyed at the man before me only wearing a pair of dark grey Calvin Klein boxer briefs. I took a big gulp and looked up into his warm brown eyes.

“Like what you see?” He asked before taking his seat again.

“Yes…I mean no! You could’ve at least waited until I left the room.” I stuttered out.

“And you could’ve not spilled hot coffee on my pants, but we can’t dwell on the past my friend.” He said mocking me; I could see the humor in his eyes.

The rest of my work tasks for the day included buying him new pants, scrubbing the disgusting toilets, filing a pile of unorganized chaos, and turning down several opportunities for drinks.

At the end of the day I just wanted to go to sleep but I knew I had a stupid drug class to attend.

~~~~~~~~

I walked into the classroom of my drug classes after I had paid up at the front desk. I took my same seat from last week hoping that Jameson would be here again.

I smiled brightly when I saw him walk through the door. We both said quick hellos before the instructor began her lesson.

“Today class we’ll be talking about how driving drunk hurts others. We’ll watch a short film about drivers who have hit and killed people as well as have an officer from the local station come and tell you firsthand accounts of accidents.” The grumpy looking lady spoke sternly before popping the dvd into the player.

We sat there for 50 minutes watching horribly sad stories from drunk drivers and victims. Jameson and I would occasionally make side comments to one another through out it and I was honestly starting to crush on him.

When the film was over the lights flicked on and the instructor spoke once again.

“Alright I’d like to introduce you all to Officer French.” She spoke standing up before she plopped right back down in her chair.

And then Jacob French walked through the door. Super.