Chapter 2

I stepped out of the police station into the bright sunny streets of Baltimore City. I quickly scrolled through the contacts on my white iPhone and tapped to make a phone call to my best friend Bobby to find out what the hell is going on.

*Ring* *Ring*

“Hey baby cakes, I see you finally woke up!” Bobby’s familiar friendly voice filled my ears. I could hear the sound of tattoo guns buzzing signaling to me that he was at work.

“Oh yes I just had a lovely night in jail…” I grumbled very crankily.

“Hey now is that any way to talk to the god that bailed you out this morning?” He spoke sounding much too pleased with himself.

“You did? How are you at work then?” I asked now quite confused by the situation. If I had been bailed out earlier, why was I left on the toilet…?

“I bailed you out before work, we tried to wake you up but you were being very feisty. So we decided to let you wake up on your own. Any who meet me at the diner in about 5 and I’ll explain everything!” he chirped happily.

“Okay see you there.” I sighed hanging up the phone. I began my walk over to our usual hole in the wall diner over on Broadway Street.

Luckily the police station wasn’t too far from where I needed to meet him. In just a few minutes I had arrived to the Broadway Diner. I stepped through the front door only to be met with a gust of cool air. I looked around the brightly lit diner with its tattered sea foam green booths and silver tables. I laid my eyes on a heavily tattooed man in the back corner with a shaved head. I walked over and put on the best pouty face I could muster.

“Awe my poor little bambina, come here!” Bobby said pulling me into his lap and hugging my tightly. I cuddled up to him for a moment and then pulled myself off of him, slinking into the seat across from him. He ordered me a glass of orange juice and a black coffee for himself.

I stuck my straw into my juice and started sucking at the tart nectar. “I want to know everything that happened last night, don’t leave anything out!” I exclaimed in-between sips.

“Alright-y let’s see, you were incredibly f#*&ed up for starters.” He chuckled, trailing off.

“Obviously or else I would remember, dur” I said smugly grinning up at his familiar face.

“Well excuse me! Any way, you were doing your usual playing pong and chugging beers when Jake showed up in his cop uniform. You no doubt were a little flustered and grabbed the hottest guy within your reach and started making out with him” He started the story off.

Eh, at least it was someone hot…

“Then he creepily stared at you for basically the rest of the night, but I’m pretty sure you forgot he existed at that point. It came time when the night was wrapping up and you insisted on leaving. You kept saying something about finding a new job the next day or something and I tried so hard to get you to stay. You don’t normally drive drunk but you just wouldn’t let me stop you” He took a break lapping the coffee into his mouth.

S#*t, I forgot all about job hunting today! Now that my internship at the travel magazine is over I need to find a real paying job.

“So, how’d I get caught then? Even if I drive home drunk I always make it home safe because I just live down the street.” I said now incredibly confused.

“Well Jake convinced you that he would follow you home and since you were hammered you believed it. I don’t know exactly what happened after that because you left but I can only assume that he pulled you over and arrested you.” He finished and the words started to sink in.

Awesome, I let my ex follow me home and he betrays me by pulling me over? I mean really what a jerk. I know he thinks I cheated on him but that was not the case at all.

“Thanks for meeting me Bobby, but I have a jerk to go and visit.” I said quickly getting up from the table and kissing his cheek. He looked at me with wide eyes as I stormed out of the diner in a hurry.

Next stop, Jakes apartment…