Chapter Ten.

So some of the comments from the last chapter were crazy. I was laughing at all of them. LOL.

But I totally LOVED them all. Thank you.

10.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chantelle's POV.

I arrived home. Donte wasn't back from his sleepover at his friends house. I entered the house and was welcomed by my mom who was sitting down on the couch.

"Where have you been?" she asked me upon my entry. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone and neither was I in the mood to talk to anyone, so I walked upstairs to my bedroom and shut the door.

"Chantelle, I'm talking to you." My mom said as she followed me up the stairs.

I kept quiet and laid face down on my bed. I was extremely tired and all I want was just wanted time to myself and sleep!

"Chantelle," My mom entered my room and stood at the doorway. "Where were you this morning?"

I didn't reply. I just laid on my bed. She walked further into my room. "I am talking to you!"

"Can you please just leave me alone?" I muffled through my pillow.

"No. Now will you tell me what's wrong? You don't just storm into my house without telling me where you came from. And then rudely walk up to your room when I call for you." she yelled.

I sat up in bed and looked up at her. "Nothing is wrong, mom! I just had a bad night."

"I can see through your lies! What's wrong?" she asked me.

I knew I couldn't keep the news away from my own mother. I sighed. "It's Ray."

"What happened to him?"

"H-he got shot last night."

Immediately, her facial expression softened. She took a seat beside me on my bed. "Oh my gosh! Is he okay?"

"No!" I said. My eyes started to water. "He was rushed to the hospital last night. That's why I left the house. Someone told me that..." I couldn't finish my sentence. It was just so shattering.

"Told you what?"

"Someone told me that he died." I finally said, breaking down completely. My mom gasped loudly as I buried my head in her chest. I began explaining everything that had gone on between Mya, Ray and I to her. "Mom, it hurts so bad!" I cried.

"Baby, everything will be okay. He's in a better place now... Life is short. We just have to take things as it is." she tried to soothe me.

"It's not okay, mom! I just lost my best friend. What am I going to do now?" I asked. I wiped my eyes and looked up at her.

"We can only just thank God for his life." she said. "But who told you this news? The doctor?"

"No, first Mya did then the doctor confirmed it." I replied. I didn't want to tell her about the name mess up because it felt a bit unnecessary to me.

"Mya? I thought you didn't like her."

"Someone would have told me the news eventually. Mom, can I please just—" I was cut off by a loud shout downstairs.

Dad was home. "Dammit! Why me!"

My mom rushed out my room to see what was going on downstairs. I followed behind her. A box filled with supplies were on the ground and my Dad's left hand was bleeding. He looked pretty stressed.