Epilogue.

This is the epilogue. Play the song to the side as you read... It might set the mood. Hehe.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Five months later...

Chantelle's POV.

Five months had passed since the incident. Ray and I worked out a relationship and we are happy as can be. Lauren and Chres as well are going out together. I'm so glad they finally confessed their feelings to each other.

Jacob and Craig found love with Mandy and Alexa, who use to be Mya's friends, and they are happy in their relationships together.

As for Ray's case with Mya, his family pressed charges on Mya since she admitted to the crime she committed. Now she has to serve a year and a half of community service and she also has to attend anger management classes every Saturday after community service.

I heard that her parents locked all her credit card accounts and took away certain privileges from her. he stole $4,000 from her dad's bank account to get drugs to repay Marion back.

I felt bad for her, but I guess she had it coming.

Sad life for her.

Marion in the end had to go to rehab, but he's another story.

Hey, the outcomes could've have been worse, but Ray showed a little mercy.

Jaylen and I soon became friends. Well, maybe not close friends but we were acquaintances. We'd talk around school, but it wasn't as much. I hope life takes her far.

As for my family, Ray's dad hooked my dad up with a job. He's one of the head chiefs of Android technology while Ray's dad works with Apple. Donte has a girlfriend name Joyce and I found their relationship pretty cute. They started dating two months back.

My mom is also a stay at home cook. Her and Lauren's mom often made cooking videos together and also made cookbooks. To my surprise, people actually bought them.

Life was great, huh?

Currently, we were looking for colleges to attend. We are almost done with high school and college applications we about to be due.

"Oh! NYU sounds nice." Mande spoke as she popped a piece of popcorn in her mouth.

"It is. But I kinda want to go to Colombia over there." Lauren said.

Colombia was a prestigious school. I also wanted to go there. "Me too."

"Chres and I want to go to Penn State. We gotta live the football dream." Ray said as he wrapped his arm around me.

I laughed. "With all the scandals going on about that school, good luck to the both of y'all!" Everyone laughed along with me.

"Ha-ha. Very funny. Scandals don't mean a thing," Chres retorted. "Besides, their football coach is off duty and is most likely gonna get cut so it doesn't mean anything."

Jacob tried to stifle in a laugh. Chres looked at him with a weird face. "What's so funny?" he asked.

"You said duty." Jacob blurted out. Chres shook his head and ate some popcorn for the bowl.

"Jacob and I wanna go to Duke in N.C." Craig stated. I raised up a brow and looked at him. Craig stared back at me. 

"Why are you staring at me like that? I thought we were talking about colleges?"

"We are but like everyone is staying nearby while you and Jacob want to go North. Y'all both crazy." Lauren spoke.

"But we want to go there. It's a good school. We've passed the requirements and we have a good chance of getting a job after the first four years." Jacob explained himself.

"Right. I don't want to attend ICDC college or a community college in the city then work a fast food restaurant afterwards." Craig joked.

These dweebs were something else. "Yo', I didn't ask for your life story." I replied.

"But let's be real here. My parents want me to go to Duke and I want to go as well." Craig said. I nodded and shrugged my shoulders a bit. "I guess."

"What about us, baby?" Alexa said as she turned to Craig.

"We'll work something out. Don't worry about that." Craig smiled. Aw, they were so adorable. I snuggled closer to Ray and placed my head on his shoulder.

"Enough about college! Let's go get some pizza at the shop that just opened up near the movies." Ray suggested to the crew. We all agreed and got up to go eat.

This, honestly, was the perfect way to bring all the drama to an end.

Overall, I learned an important lesson.

Don't let anyone come between you and a person that matters most to your heart. Do whatever it takes to keep that bond strong; keep fighting.

And that's what I did.

______________________________________________________________________________________

And this is officially the end of "Whatever It Takes"

Thank you all for reading this book. I know you guys loved it. I did too.

I'm sad because I had to end it here. No sequel. No nothing. Thanks for all the votes, fans and support. This book was a real success. I love you all!

Don't forget to stay mindless and continue to spread the peace and love! ❤