Chapter Six.

6.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Chantelle's POV.

I woke up early the next morning and prepared myself for school. I took a shower and got ready in my regular school outfit which consisted of baggy sweats and a tight fitted sweater.

I went downstairs and made myself some cereal to eat for breakfast. I sat at the coffee table and just stared into space.

"Morning, Chan." my mom said as she came downstairs.

"Morning. Dad didn't leave for work yet?" I asked her. Usually the mornings are hectic around here.

"Don't you remember? Don't forget that your dad got a promotion." she answered. Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I chuckled remembering the lovely dinner we had when he announced the news. "Right. So that means he doesn't have to work as much as he used to."

"Mom, what's the name of Dad's boss?" I asked my mom out of the blue.

"Mr. Jackson. Why did you want to know?"

"No reason at all." I said. I was just curious. I know, I'm a wacko. Donte came strutting into the kitchen. What did he think this was? A fashion show? But I had to admit, he did look fresh.

"And why are you so dressed up?" I asked as he walked past me.

"Ray told me that in order to get girl, you gotta' dress up like a gangster. So here I am." he replied. Donte really didn't know anything about gangsters because his fashion was all wrong. Mom and I laughed. Ray was teaching this boy something else.

"We'll see how that turns out." I said shaking my head. Donte made his own bowl of fruit loops, sat down in the chair besides me and began eating.

I soon finished my bowl of fruit loops and dumped my bowl in the sink. "I'm off to school. Bye, mom." I said while giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye."

"And bye Donte." I said to my brother as I left the house. Within a few minutes, I was on school premises. I walked inside the busy school building eager to end the day already. Everyone was at their lockers associating with one another.

I sped to my locker and began getting out the books that was needed for the classes of the day. Lauren walked up next to me excitingly. "Great! You're here! Gosh, it took you forever to get here."

"Shush up. I'm here now, though. Where are the others?" Before Lauren could answer, Ray and his friends came strolling into the school, accompanied by Mya.

They walked up to my locker. "Sorry, we're late. I had to go pick up Mya from her house because her dad said said she couldn't use her car." Ray said.

"Do you have to tell everyone everything?" Mya said in an irritated voice. She rolled her eyes.

"Sounds as if she wanted more time with you." I muttered. Lauren must've heard because she laughed.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you. What was that?" Mya questioned.

I smirked. "Nothing!"

Craig, Chres, and Jacob laughed. Mya rolled her eyes again and walked to her own group of friends. Mya really needed to open her eyes because those girls weren't really her friends at all.

The Lauren and I headed to the boys lockers and began chilling until the bell rang.

While everyone was talking, Shaniqua walked into the hall,and made an announcement about her party.