Competence

Previously on Help

Ethan listened tentatively like a child being told a bedtime story. "But that's all ancient history now thought." Danny said moving to get up. He was stopped Ethan pulling him into a kiss. "I love you." The words left Ethan's mouth before he could think to stop it. It surprised Danny, which soon turned into a fondness only for him (Ethan). "I love you too."

____________

It's been a week since the puppy pile. School has finally let out for summer break, Derek is finally settling in, and Ethan has not once taken off the necklace. Derek has been asking to go see is uncle and Stiles is finally taking him. Derek could barely sit still on the way to the loft. He was happy to see some family but also sad because he had a feeling they were the only ones left.

Stiles pulled into the lot, and turned the car off. He took a deep breath and got out, leaning on the car waiting for Derek to come around. "Thank you for this Stiles. I really appreciate it." Derek said looking down as they walked to the door. "He's you're family. I wouldn't do that to anyone. I know what it's like to be kept from family." Stiles said. They got inside and took the elevator to the top floor though the could have taken the stairs.

Eleven stops later and they're at the giant metal sliding door of the loft. Stiles sends the twins home so they can get some rest. Peter tried to hug Derek and Stiles growled at him flashing his eyes in warning. Peter's hand shot up. Derek turned around with a look on his face that said 'Really Sty he's trying to give me a hug.'

Stiles gave and walked away. "Ok I have to go back to the house and get the others ready. I'll be back to pick you in two hours alright? I trust you, but if you need me ....." Stiles tossed Derek a phone. "The packs numbers are already programed. It's yours." Stiles said then stole a kiss and made his way out the door. He gave a snap, which lined the outside of the door with mountain ash. Satisfied he took down the stairs.

He pulled in able to feel to feel that Eliza was actually in the house. 'Hey Stiles's' came in as he walked to the kitchen, going to the fridge to get a water. "Listen up I need everyone in the den for me." Stiles said after chugging most of his water. "Where's Derek?" one of the pups piped up sounding like Allison.

"With his uncle hopefully catching up. Ill pick him up in an hour or so. Anywho, I have to go to Silver Springs to talk to my uncle. I'm taking Ally, Boyd, Derek, Ethan, and Eliza with me and we shouldn't be gone long, so pack for a weekend." Stiles was cut off by Aiden "So in Stiles a week." Aiden said chuckling. Sty looked at him and Aiden choked on his laughs making everyone else crack up. "We are leaving tomorrow so get packing!" Stiles yelled back scaling the stairs.

He closed his door. He pulled two suitcases from under his bed. He has to pack for him and Derek. Stiles was so focused on packing he almost missed someone knocking on his door. Jax walked in fidgeting a bit inside the room. "Yes Jax what's wrong?" Stiles said giving Jackson his attention but not stopping his packing.

"Um... I ... um there's a... I..." Jackson stumbled to find the right words. "Jax take a moment and breathe. Rip it off like a bandaid pup alright." Stiles said calming Jax. Jackson released his breathe calmingly. "Ok like a bandaid. I like Danny and I dont know what to about it." Jackson said so rushed it took Sty a moment to process the information.

"Ok well I'm taking Eth with me so take some time to talk to Danny about it that sound good?" Jax nodded at that option. They left Stiles' room together. Stiles got back in Roscoe to go pick Derek up. 35 minutes later Stiles finds himself at that familiar metal door removing the mountain ash line, pushing the door open. Stiles found them on the couch watching a movie. Peter paused it when Derek got up to go to Stiles. Stiles nosed at Derek's neck.

"So here's the deal. Since you'll be staying in my territory to be closer to Derek, I will give you permission to roam the land. But you slip up, hurt someone, give me or my pack any reason to doubt your motives for a second and I will NOT hesitate to end you for their protection." Stiles said and flashed his alpha eyes at him. Peter's eyes flashed in response, "Understood."

They left happy with the day. "You're coming with me to Nevada with me tomorrow. I already packed for you. Some of the others are coming with us too. I just need to speak to my uncle and help my little cousin." Stiles said and Derek nodded. They get back to the mansion. "Go lay down babe. I'll be in there in a little bit. Scott and Lyds can I talk to y'all." Stiles instructed walking to the kitchen with them following. "Here's the rules.

-Protect each other

-Let Winter spend time over here

-Do NOT let Peter anywhere near Hunter. I'll deal with that when I get back

-Keep an eye on Peter. I gave him permission to move around

Got it?" "Yes Alpha" they gave him in unison. They all walk out the kitchen.

"Ally are you up to strength?" Sty asked curiously. "Should I bring my poisionness arrows?" She threw back at him.

"Touche" Stiles said smiling at her curled on the couch with some other packmates.

He went to his room finally resigning the day to sleeping with Derek. "Good night Der - bear." kissing him lightly.

He received a mumbled 'night sty love you too.' Stiles smiled to himself following Derek falling asleep.