Chapter 34 - Sunrise

"NAASSHHII!!" I heard. When I opened my eyes, I wasn't in the castle. I was floating above it all like a ghost. Scenes played all around me like a movie theater with several screens.

In one, Lukas cried out for me sobs racking his body as he fell into Lucy's arms. Storm and Kali were also in the same situation as tears and snot ran down their faces. Gale had fallen into Reiki's arms as she cried.

I tried calling out to them, to let them know that I was still there. However, nobody could hear me.

Natsu stood as pure unadulterated rage settled into the pit of his stomach. He turned to face the future Rogue, tears pouring down his face as he attack without relent.

The scene then changed, time had passed and my body was left on the castle floor. I saw my dad bloody and beaten from his fight with Rogue. He was on his hands and knees, crying out for me. 

The scene changed again, only this time it was outside the castle. The eclipse gate was open and glowing with a white light. I watched as my mom begged them to close it. From behind her, my friends appeared. All of them begged the princess to close the gate before it was too late. 

The scene changed. I saw my friends fighting dragons with tears in their eyes and fires in their hearts. I watched as even Nova and Lukas joined the fights despite the fact that they had no intention of fighting with Fairy Tail before. 

The scene changed. I watched Ultear sacrifice her life in order to save the lives of countless others.

I watched Natsu relentlessly attack the future Rogue without mercy or hesitation. I saw him ride the back of a fire dragon and fight . 

I saw Lucy as she discovered the secret to victory.

I watched Rogue and his dragon crash into the eclipse gate, breaking it forever.

I saw the sunrise... It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I watched my friends with tears in their eyes run to their parents in search of comfort.

I saw Fairy Tail mourn for me...

I felt a tear fall from my eyes and when I looked up, I saw light. 

- - - - - - -

My eyes fluttered open and what I saw was not what I had expected. What I expected was a heaven of sorts. What I saw was castle walls and rubble all around me. Sitting up, I realized that this was real. I felt my face, it felt real enough. Lifting my dried bloody shirt I saw that my wound had turned into a scar. 

This can't be real

I looked around the halls and found they were empty. I carefully stood and walked to one of the windows. Outside, the sun was shining brightly. I smiled as wide as I could.

"I'm back!" I cheered, jumping into the air and pumping my fists. I gasped. "I've gotta tell everyone,"

As fast as my legs would carry me, I ran through the castle halls. Eventually I found myself in the courtyard of the castle. I ran with a smile on my face to where I thought the eclipse gate was, or where the rest of it was. I skidded to a stop when I found it. 

More than five hundred feet away from me stood my friends and family. They all had sad expressions as they gathered around Lukas, Nova, and the rest of the future team. Nova held the time sphere, they must be about to leave. Around my friends were their respective parents who also held a sad expression. None were more sad than Natsu and Lucy. Despite all the sadness, I couldn't be happier to see them. I decided it was now or never, "Hey-" 

My words were cut short by a gloved hand clamping over my mouth. Before I could even react, magic restraint cuffs were slapped onto my wrists. The hand  covering my mouth was then replaced by a gag wrapping around my head and into my mouth. I struggled against the hold, but whoever held me was strong. They pulled me behind a bush, holding me down so I didn't budge.

"Did you hear that?" Natsu asked. I squirmed against my attacker and tried yelling through my gag. 

"What is it?" Lucy asked. I could see under the bushes, people were looking in my direction! I tried harder, but my attacker still wasn't having it.

"Nevermind," Natsu decided. I tried yelling louder, but the gag muffled my screams too much for even a dragon slayer to hear.

"We have to go Lukas," Nova said solemnly. "I'm sorry, but you all won't be allowed to see us leave. We can't let anyone see this technology just in case anyone in this time decides to make a copy and use it for themselves,"

I heard people saying their final goodbyes to the future team and eventually I saw their feet turn and walk away.

No! No, I'm here! I'm alive, you don't have to be sad anymore. I wanted to scream these words at the top of my lungs. However, their feet disappeared and it was just me and the attacker now. 

I struggled against them as they got me to stand. Luckily I was able to shoulder them in the torso and they fell to the ground like a sack of bricks. Upon closer inspection I saw that my attacker was a man. I didn't stick around much longer to get more of a description, I just ran. 

I ran in the direction I saw my friends going. I came to the ruins of the eclipse gate, my family had disappeared, but my friends were still there. Lukas, Nova, Reiki, Gale, Storm, and Kali were all still there. I ran to them as fast as I could, screaming through my gag. I watched as Nova activated the time sphere and a portal opened. 

I screamed louder through the gag and this time, someone heard me. Storm turned around, his eyes lighting up as soon as he saw me. "Nashi?"

I screamed with joy and soon the others turned around and saw me. 

"Could it be,"

"Oh my God,"

"No way,"

"It's impossible,"

"Nashi!"

I kept running to their shocked faces, wanting nothing more than to be wrapped around in their arms. "Not so fast sweetheart," A woman's voice startled me, she appeared out of nowhere and stood directly between me and my friends. Her red eyes stared right through my soul as she materialized behind me grabbing the chain holding my hand cuffs together. I let out a yelp as they dug into my skin.

"Let my sister go," Lukas ordered. The woman scowled and flipped her dark hair over her shoulder. 

"Not a chance," She taunted. With the flick of her wrist, she sent a pulse of magic that pushed both Lukas and Nova into the portal. I tried to yell through my gag, but it was too late. The portal closed and Lukas and Nova were gone. 

"That was the wrong move," Reiki challenged. His fists began to glow with magic. Gale summoned stones from the ground that collected at her sides. Storm assumed the ice maker magic pose with a fist at his palm. Kali then turned into her saber tooth tiger form. All of them willing and ready to fight for me.

The woman scoffed, still holding onto my chains with one hand, she used her other hand to perform magic. She opened her palm and beneath each of my friends' feet appeared a magic circle. They all looked down in surprise.

"What the hell is this?" Gale demanded.

"I don't have the time to play with you children right now," Closing her fist, Gale disappeared into her purple magic circle. My eyes went wide in terror as the woman did the same and Reiki disappeared into his red circle. Kali roared and tried to leap out of it, but even she was taken by the circle. I stared wide eyed at Storm as his circle engulfed him as well. Only this time, Storm's body dissolved into nothing but ice. 

"What?" The woman was surprised but only for a second as the real Storm Fullbuster came barreling after her from behind. Before he could land a single blow, a blue magic circle engulfed him as well. The last thing I saw was the fear in his eyes, but it wasn't fear for himself. It was fear for me.

I looked at the woman holding my chains, rage and sadness in my eyes.

"Lighten up Sunshine," She smiled. "You're my new project," The woman let out an evil laugh, sending chills down my spine.

To Be Continued....