Chapter 14 - The Maze

Year: X791, midnight
Location: Crocus
Preliminary round of Grand Magic Games.

Natsu:

"Let the Grand Magic Games preliminary round, sky labrynth, begin!"

Natsu stared at the giant pumpkin headed man. The stairs that had formed in front of their balcony were levitating over 200 feet above ground. He was ready to get this over with.

"Well if it's a race then we better get moving," Gray determined.

"Let's go!" Natsu cheered.

"No wait," Erza countered. Everyone turned to face the Titania who was still in her pj's. "The rules state that all five members must reach the goal, so we can't leave without Wendy,"

Everyone gasped at this realization. If they were going to regain their title of strongest guild, they couldn't get knocked out on the prelims. They needed a fifth member, fast!

Just then, the floor started shaking again. Was the building moving again? Gray looked over the edge of the balcony.

"We're not moving," he concluded.

"So what's with the rumbling?" Happy questioned.

"There," Erza pointed back at their room. In the center, on the ceiling was a magic circle that they knew all too well.

Nashi:

A small Yelp escaped my lips as I fell through the portal once again. I wasn't falling for too long before I slammed into hardwood floors.

"Ow," I groaned, trying to get up on my hands and knees. I heard three more yelps from above me as Gale, Reiki and Storm landed on top of me. A loud oof escaped my lungs as I was crushed by the weight of my teammates. Playing cards scattered across the floor as the portal closed above us.

My eyes were spinning in swirls, which was disorienting. When the dizziness finally cleared, I was able to get a good look at the room. It was a hotel room with six beds and white walls.

I could hear my teammates groaning in pain on top of me. Apperantly their injuries from Tenrou island still hadn't fully healed yet. The only injury I had was the crushing weight on top of me.

"Get off," I barked. One by one, my teammates climbed off allowing me to breathe once again. Gale helped me to my feet, but I was only there for a few seconds.

"NASHI!!!!!"

I turned and was tackled by a fellow pink haired dragon slayer. He was wearing a black coat with only one sleeve, white pants, and of course his favorite scarf.

I had to admit, I wasn't expecting this kind of reunion.

"It's so good to see you," Natsu cried.

"Y-yeah, you too." I stuttered.

"While it is good to see you four, we don't have time for a reunion." Erza stated, requipping into her usual armor.

"Why? What's going on?" Reiki asked. "What year is it?"

"X791, the preliminary round of the Grand Magic Games is starting now. We have to go,"

"We can't leave without a fifth member though," Lucy pointed out.

"Not a problem," Natsu cocked. "I got our fifth member right here," He scooped me into his arm and started for the stairs into the maze. Despite my protests, he kept going. Erza, Gray and Lucy fell in step behind us.

"Put me down!" I screeched.

"Not till we get up there, can't have you falling off."

I let out a sigh of frustration and looked back at my friends who were standing on the balcony in shock.