Chapter 27 - The Tigers Strike

Nashi:

"CHEERS!!" We all shouted. We clanged our mugs of beer together in celebration.

"Look out world! Fairy Tail is coming back on top!" Natsu shouted over everyone. Lucy warned him yet again about having to pay for anything that they break, but Natsu didn't seem to care. 

"I'll drink to that!" I yelled, crashing my mug against Lucy's. I was about to take my first drink when the mugs were suddenly yanked out of our hands. 

"Not so fast," Natsu scolded. "We've still got more matches to win tomorrow and I don't need to deal with the love sick puppy and the angry rabbit tonight."

"GIVE ME A BREAK IT WAS ONE TIME!" Lucy and I shout in perfect unison. Natsu was taken back and lost his balance on the table he was on and fell to the floor. I managed to catch our mugs before they too hit the floor and handed the other to Lucy. We both laughed and drank.

"How can you drink after what happened last time?" Gale asked from her seat at the bar. She had set aside the hard stuff for the night and resorted to a simple cup of herbal tea. 

"Come on Gale," I took a seat beside my friend at the bar, taking another swig of my drink. "Tonight's a night of celebration! Lighten up a little,"

"I'll lighten up when we win this thing," Gale responded. 

She looked across the room at Gajeel who had apparently been listening this whole time. "Not to worry short stuff, Fairy Tail B is totally gonna win this thing for us,"

That comment earned him a punch in the face from a certain pink haired salamander. "As far as I'm concerned Fairy Tail A is going to be bringing home the title!" Natsu shouted. 

"You shut your trap Salamander before I shut it for you and shove our victory down your throat!"

"Oh yeah! You wanna go? Right here right now."

Gale and I both slowly turned back to face the bar as Gajeel and Natsu continued to fight, ignoring what had just happened. "I'll take that drink now," Gale moaned. "Aye," I added.

The night seemed to never end, there were laughs all around the crowded bar as people celebrated a great day. It had been a while since I'd seen Fairy Tail party like this. To think that something this joyous could ever end seemed almost impossible.

What I didn't notice that night was the girl standing at the window outside, watching our every move.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Day four of the Grand Magic Games was just about to start and boy was I excited. Since I was no longer technically a part of the team competing in the Games, I had to go sit with my own team in the Fairy Tail section.

The naval battle was just about to start and I had managed to grab a spot at the very front with my team along with the exceeds. I waited in anticipation as the competitors entered the giant sphere of water floating above the arena. 

"The goal of this round is to knock your opponents out of the water before time runs out. When it gets to the last two competitors, they will have five minutes to kick the other out which will result in last place." Yajima explained. "The competitors are:"

Lamia Scale: Shelia

Blue Pegasus: Jenny

Mermaid Heel: Lislee

Fairy Tail B: Juvia

Saber Tooth: Minerva

Fairy Tail A: Lucy