Chapter 18 - The End of Day One

Twenty minutes had passed, before the next match was about to start. Erza and I were watching the arena as the contenders stepped inside. It was Blue Pegasus vs Mermaid Heel, Blue Pegasus sent out Ren while Mermaid Heel chose Araña Webb.

I heard footsteps behind me and saw Natsu running up to us. After Lucy's fight, he had personally walked her down to our locker room/infirmary. I gave him a big fanged smile as he came closer. 

"Is Lucy doing alright?" Erza questioned.

"Yeah, she seems fine," He answered. "Says she wants to take a shower. I can go back and check on her again if you want,"

"Gross Dad, no," I cringed.

"What? What's so-" He cut his sentence short as realization dawned on him. He turned on his heel and was about to make a beeline for the infirmary when Erza grabbed him by the scarf.

"Don't even think about it," She sighed. "Besides, the next match is about to start,"

Dad stopped running in place and crouched down next to me and peered over the edge. "Yeah, this is probably way more exciting," He grinned.

The match got interesting when the guest announcer, Jenny, announced to Ren that Sherry was watching and cheering for him. I had to think about the names for a minute, before I figured out who they were in the future. They were in fact married when I'm from, but I wasn't going to spoil that for anyone.

"Hey," Ren called out in aggravation. Arana took this opportunity to strike, she shot webs at her opponent, surrounding him in the sticky strong substance.

"You left yourself wide open," she taunted.

"You've gotta pay attention Ren!" Sherry shouted. "Now go out there and kick her butt,"

Ren struggled against the strong webs as the old hag scolded Sherry for cheering for the other team. One man tried to defend the pinkette by pointing out that they were engaged, only to get spun by the old hag. Ren finally broke free of the webs only to set the record straight.

"What the hell are you talking about? We are not engaged, I just can't get rid of her,"

"You're so mean!" Sherry squealed.

Arana sent another attack of webs and Ren dodged them flawlessly all while ranting about how he "didn't" love Sherry. In the end, he actually admitted that he didn't like not having her around. He proved to himself that he couldn't lose while Sherry was watching. 

Arana sent another web attack, only to be countered by Ren's aerial forza attack. A wave of blue light and energy was sent cascading towards Arana at record speed. The woman screamed on impact as she was sent flying. With a loud thud, Arana fell to the ground and the match was over. 

"And the winner is Ren Akatsuki of Blue Pegasus," The announcer declared. "That gives Blue Pegasus an impressive 14 points on day one, while Mermaid Heel only has 3 points,"

Erza and my dad went on to talk about how much stronger Ren has become over the past seven years. Meanwhile I was over here like, "That's it?"

"It's time for the third match of day one," Chapati announced. "It's Quattro Cerberus' War Cry vs Saber Tooth's Olga Nanagear!" The crowd was definitely excited to finally see a Saber Tooth match. I had never heard of either contender, but decided to pay attention anyway. With a clang of the gong, the match began.

The wizard known as War Cry literally started crying, making his tears form into watery fists. His magic was... unique, I suppose. It honestly creeped me out a little. Olga held out his hand and closed it into a fist. Black lightning struck the crying man in an instant, surprising everyone. When the lightning ceased, War Cry was on the ground unconscious.