Chapter 9 - Under Pressure

Nashi:

"Sun dragon secret art! Solar Flare!" I shout. The man in the white coat- who was later introduced as Bluenote Stinger- takes a step back as my wall of fire and sunshine swallow him.

When the fire and smoke clear, the enemy still stands firm. I gasp at this revelation and Storm begins his attack.

"Ice make arrows!" A wave of icy arrows fly over my head and attack. I'm caught by surprise when the arrows don't even make it past his invisible barrier.

Bluenote Stinger looks annoyed with us now. I may have been able to catch him off guard once, but it won't happen again. I need to figure out how to get past that barrier if I wanna land another hit.

Before I can even move, he hits me with his gravity magic. I'm sent flying down to the chasm floor as a wave of unimaginable pressure pins me to the solid rock.

"Nashi!" Someone yells. I can't tell who it is. My vision goes blurry due to the intense pressure on my body. I swear that I hear a ringing sound in my ears.

Natsu:

"You dare challenge me?" Bluenote barks. Natsu grunted and stared at Nashi on the stone floor. He clenched his fist and made an effort to stand. To everyone's surprise, he did it.

"Shut up!" Natsu shouted. "I'm the son of Igneel. It'll take more than what you've got to keep me pinned to the ground pal!"

He struggled against the gravity magic being pressed on top of him. He looked back at Nashi who was on the verge of tears and knew he had to keep going. To everyone's surprise he started running towards Bluenote.

"I won't be defeated so easily!"

Bluenote Stinger ignored the screaming dragon slayer. Before Natssu could react, he was pushed back into the ground by the gravitation magic.

"Argh!" He let out.

"You should listen when someone's talking to you." Stinger stated.

"Natsu!" Happy cried.

"He's down." Wendy pointed out. Lucy was speechless as she stared at the shaking bodies of Storm and Nashi. They were still helpless against the magic of their enemy. She turned to Natsu who was lying amongst the debris of rock.

"Who's gonna help us now?" She whispered. All seemed lost to her, but then she remembered the card that Cana had given her in case of emergencies. This was definitely an emergency, she thought to herself as she pulled out the card and sent the distress signal.

Bluenote sighed and stared at the weak mages on the floor below him. He kept his magic focused on two particular mages, keeping them pinned to the ground.

"I can sense Fairy Glitter's magic on these two, they know where it is." He threatened.

"DON'T YOU TOUCH THEM!" Natsu barked. Bluenote sent his magic to Natsu and pinned him to the floor as well.

"Please leave them alone!" Lucy begged. Bluenote showed no mercy and put her in the same position as Natsu; on the ground.

Bluenote Stinger casually waltzed to the floor of the chasm where his victims writhed in agony. Lucy and Natsu watched helplessly as he approached Nashi.

"Tell me where the grave of Mavis Vermillion is." He demanded. Nashi groaned under the weight being pressed down on her. She struggled to lift her head to face her enemy.

"Screw you." She spat. Bluenote frowned at this answer, with the raise of his hand he increased the force on Nashi. Nashi screamed under the weight and the ground beneath her caved ten inches.

"No!" Natsu and Storm shouted.

"Hey!" Someone shouted over all the noise. Everyone turned to see the card wizard Cana standing strong and confident. "Are you the one I need to squash?" She called.

Nashi:

I didn't know why I was the one getting the full force of the bad guy's magic, but I didn't like it. After that last blow of intense pressure, my body felt like it was being turned into gravel. My ears were still ringing and my vision was fading in and out.

I thought that I heard Cana's voice, although it was hard to tell. Everything was a blur to me plus it felt like my lungs were being crushed making it hard to breathe. When the pressure finally stopped, I could breathe again. My head went dizzy with the sudden change and my eyes were blurring in and out of focus.

I struggled to get up and managed to get onto my hands and knees. I looked up just in time to see a bright light flash and feel an intense magic presence. The power is overwhelming and I feel awestruck by the incredible blast. I sit on my knees and stare at the radiant light coming from the center of the chasm. I must be delusional, because I swear that I saw the sun, the moon, and the stars all at once.

I feel something hard push into my stomach and I realise it's someone's shoulder as they tackle me. I can't even get a good look at who it is though, because the light is so bright. I feel the air leave my lungs as my body slams into the ground along with whoever it is on top of me.

The blast of magic runs through the air and goes over our heads, just barely missing us. As the blast dies out, my vision starts to clear and I can get a good look at who has saved me from the blast. I can tell that they're male about my age. I catch a glimpse of dark blue hair and a thin black sleeveless jacket.

"Storm." I whimper. He looks up at me and grins like he just saved my life. "Could you... uh... move your hand?"

Storm's face is redder than Erza's hair as he looks down to see his hand pressed firmly over my left boob.

"I-it was an accident." He stammers.

"Your hand is still there!" I bark.

"It's still an accident."

"GET OFF ME!" I thrust my foot into his stomach and send him flying across the chasm and into Cana. Cana had tears in her eyes already and I saw Grandpa Gildarts standing in front of her protectively.

"What the hell?!" I shout. "When did he get here?"

"You need to get out of here." Gildarts growled.

"What for?" Natsu complained. Just then Gildarts' aura became visible and we could all feel the magic power that was radiating off of the older man. Bluenote Stinger followed suit and his black aura became visible as well. The two wizards were locked in each other's eyes in a stare down.

"Now Go!" Gildarts shouts as he leaps into action. He runs toward Bluenote who claps his hands together making the ground split apart. Gildarts jumps and does a backflip in midair landing on a piece of falling rubble. Everyone stares in awe at the mighty Gildarts of Fairy Tail.

The rock then breaks into smaller pieces that come hurdling down to earth at Bluenote. Before any of them come close, Bluenote leaps into the air fist first. His fist collides with Gildarts' fist and a shockwave of wind and power emerges from it that sends us all flying back into debris.

"That  hurt." Wendy whimpers.

"I think we should all try to stay out of their way." Lucy declares sheepishly.

"Let's go." Cana states. "Gildarts can handle this. We'd only get in his way if we hung around."

We all nod in agreement, none of us want to get in the middle of this fight. Well, everyone except for Natsu; Lucy had to practically drag him away from the fight. We quietly climb out of the chasm and head into the woods.