Uskll Part One

After the fight with the Scuttleroach, Ember was exhausted and felt like collapsing on the ground and falling asleep. Unfortunately, they didn't have time to make a "unneeded" stop, as Weston put it.

He wasn't the one who had fought a Scuttleroach but Ember wasn't going to complain.

"We should be arriving at Uskll shortly." Weston informed Ember and Ash.

"We didn't bring you along as a tour guide." Ash grumbled.

"Stop whining and just accept the fact that it was a good idea to bring me."

"That will never happen." Ash argued. Weston took a look back at Ember who was playing with Lev and not paying the boys any attention. Weston took a few steps so he was standing directly in Ash's face.

"Listen here, Ember likes me and is glad I came with her. She wants me here and you're the baggage we have to carry. You're not important. Stay out of the way and stay away from Ember or I can make sure you won't be with us for long." Weston hissed in Ash's face and then sauntered to Ember.

Ember was unsuccessfully trying to carry the two bags, Lev, and her staff.

"Crap!" Ember muttered when she dropped one of the bags.

"Here, let me help you with something." Weston offered.

"Thanks but no thanks." Ember said shortly.

"Please let me help. Both my hands are free." Weston reached out and tried to gently pry the staff from Ember's hands.

"Ouch!" Weston yelped as his bare skin made contact with the staff.

"What were you doing?" Ember asked suspiciously.

"I was trying to help." Weston winced in pain.

"You were trying to take my staff."

"I just wanted to help you carry something."

"Then you should have picked up the bag that was on the ground." Ember said coolly. She then leaned over, picked up the bag from the ground, and shuffled to Ash.

"What's up?" Ash asked.

"Could you carry this for me?" And Ember thruster the bag into his arms. "Thanks. Let's keep going."

Ember walked off without giving Ash or Weston a second glance. Weston had tried to steal her staff. She wasn't sure if bringing him along was a good idea after all.

The three made it to Uskll two long hours later.

A wrought iron gate towered above Ember. Ash tried pushing it open but the gate did not budge one bit.

"How do we get in?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe we need to alert them to our presence?" Ember was unsure.

"Okay, how do we do that?"

"I dunno. We could try using an Element skill. Hopefully they won't think we're a threat." Ember said. She then concentrated and light consuming her and entering her body. In a flash Ember became blinding light. She shot up towards the sky and then plummeted back down. Right before she would've hit the ground she thrust a hand out and she slowed down and hit the ground with little force.

"That hopefully worked." Ember stated. She heard no response. "Right?" Ember turned around to see Ash and Weston gazing at her with awe.

"Ash! Weston! FOCUS!" Ember shouted. Weston jumped about a foot into the air and Ash flinched.

"That was amazing, Em." Ash praised her.

"Where did you learn how to do that?" Weston demand forcefully.