Meeting the Stygian's

“You don’t know where they went?” Dune asked angrily to anyone who was listening. Dune had changed the school into basically a palace. His palace. He was in the largest room and those who had helped him with taking over Helvna were also in the room. They were in a meeting. A meeting about a very serious problem.

            “No sir.” A boy Dune’s age replied quietly. The majority of Helvna was terrified of Dune and did exactly what he said and didn’t want to disappoint him. After all, they didn’t want any consequences.

            “Both of them? Were they together? The better question is: are they still together?”

            “I’m not sure sir.”

            “Did anyone see either of them leave?” Dune demanded. Not a single person responded.

            “Sir?”

            “What?” Dune growled.

            “I do have something. Ember spoke to Miss Delios before leaving. Shortly afterwards, Miss Delios died.”

            “Thank you! Some real information! What’s your name?”

            “Jimno.” The boy said warily.

            “Well, Jimno,” Dune started, “Is there anything you want? I just might be able to grant a wish.” Dune grinned devilishly.

            “Uh...a house to myself.” Jimno answered.

            “You will have that by the end of the day.” Dune told Jimno. “Now, here is what I believe is going to happen. I believe that Ember and Ashyo left Helvna together and are, as of now, still together. They are probably trying to find a way to save Helvna. But think, what does Helvna need saving from? Nothing!” Dune told everyone in the room.

            All heads in the room bobbed up and down at this comment, in agreement. Dune continued on.

            “This is what I want: We need to find Ember and Ashyo and eventually get control over more lands and civilizations. We can do that. I’m going to send out a team to find them. Remember this though, Ember is the one that we really want and need. Ashyo is just an added plus. He can’t do much without Ember there to guide him and instruct him so Ember is our main goal. The team already knows who they are. Set out now!” Dune dismissed everyone person in the room. Ellis, who had been at Dune’s side the whole time, remained in the room.

            “Dune, if you don’t mind me asking, what exactly do we need Ember for?” Ellis asked anxiously. Dune smirked at Ellis.

            “She has great power. I’m not going to deny that. We need her to have more control and while she’s not under our control, she’s trying to stop us. Also, I’m not blind. I can see that you, my friend, like Ember. You, as my second in command, will also have all the control. Think of the possibilities.” Dune said. That was all it took for Ellis to be completely loyal to Dune. He would do whatever he was told because his doubts had been washed away. Maybe Ellis wasn’t as bad as Dune but that’s what everyone would believe.

            “Thanks Dune.” Ellis said.

            Ember woke up with a horrible head ache and a strong feeling that something wasn’t quite right. She was in a completely white room, on a bed with a small table next to it. Other than that, the room was utterly empty.

            Ember tried to sit up but found that she couldn’t. She looked down at her body and across her chest was a strap and another strap was across her thighs.