Chapter Ten

Camp David Garden

26th November 1963

10am

Jackie and the kids were playing around in the pool while Jack lounged by the side on a lounger.

“Daddy!” John exclaimed.

“Yes son?”

“Why don’t you swim?” John asked.

“I can’t get my bandage wet.”

“Oh okay.”

Jackie smiled softly at him. He soon drifted into a sleep.

When he woke Bobby was standing in front of him. “W…what are you doing here?”

“I came to see how you were.”

“I’m doing okay.” Jack replied sitting up.

“I thought I’d take the kids out and give you and Jackie some time together.”

“That would be great Bobby.”

Bobby smiled before walking away.

By the time Jack got to the house Bobby had already left with Caroline and John. Jack couldn’t find Jackie anywhere so he headed through the house.

He opened their bedroom door quietly to find Jackie on the phone. When she saw him she quickly ended the call. “Who was that?” Jack asked as he joined her on the bed.

“Dr Travell she’s coming to check your arm in about ten minutes.”

“Oh alright.”

“She said she might be able to take your bandage off.”

Jack grinned. “Good.”

When Dr Travell arrived she and Jack went into the sitting room. Jack took his top of and sat on the sofa. He could feel Janet poking his back and his wound.

“It’s healing nicely and you’ve been very lucky your arms fine.”

Jack breathed a sigh of relief.

“We can take the cast of and just put a patch on it, Mrs Kennedy you’ll have to change it but that should be okay.”

“That’s good.”

“You’ve been very lucky.”

Jack nodded. Janet was changing his dressing. It felt weird being able to move his arm.

“Right I’ll leave you now.” Janet said getting to her feet.

“Thank you Janet.”

Dr Travell nodded.

“Oh on your way out can you tell the secret service that we don’t want to be disturbed, we have….um some things to talk about.” Jackie added.

“Of course.”

Jack tried to hide his grin.

When they heard the front door shut Jackie walked over to Jack and sat down in his lap.

Jack grinned as he met her lips. They were kissing passionately when Jack pushed Jackie down on to the sofa. “You are eager.” Jackie teased.

“It’s been seven days.”

“Is that a long time?”

“Yes and considering I’ve been in pain it’s felt like an eternity.”

Jackie laughed and took his hand she then pulled him up. They made their way up to their room quickly.

Jack shut the door and began taking his clothes off. Jackie was giggling as she closed the curtains. She then slipped her dress of and lay down on the bed. Jack soon joined her. They wrapped each other in their arms for the first time in a week.

Jackie looked into his eyes and kissed him. Jack could tell how much passion she had for him. She quickly straddled on top of him avoiding his shoulder.