My Vampire X-Boyfriend chapt. 29

Chapter twenty nine

Dana's P.O.V.

"Okay, everyone get in the car. Right now." Lauren demanded as soon as she walked in the door.

I hated her now.

I desperately wanted to leave, but she was keeping us here. I know it was her who was doing mind control on us to get us to stay. I just didn't know what evil thing she was planning.

"Why?" Georgia said stiffly. She had not taken Lauren bossing us around lightly.

Lauren sighed as if we were all stupid. "because Vincent is after us, RIGHT NOW." She said this too calmly. So I didn't believe her. But everyone else did.

Tom's eyes got wide and he started frantically getting his things together. "Ohmigod, ohmigod, ohmigod," He mumbled to himself repeatedly.

Georgia gasped and started putting her stuff together as well. Ali just rolled her eyes and said, "Bring it."

My friends. But nevermind them now, we had bigger problems.

"No." I crossed my arms.

Everyone turned and stared at me, except for Lauren, which was more like a glare.

"Excuse me?" Lauren said sternly.

Georgia and Ali came rushing over to me, with a pleading look in their eyes. "Dana...we don't need you to be self righteous right now. We need you to PLEASE GET GOING." Georgia practically screamed.

I crossed my arms tighter. "No. Way. In. Hell."

Tom slapped his hand over his forehead and wiped some sweat away. "Dana, do you WANT to have Vincent kill you?"

I kept my chin high. "It's better than running off with her." I pointed directly at Lauren.

Georgia bit her lip, and I could tell she didn't trust Lauren either. Ali just didn't really pay attention.

"What? I'm trying to keep you SAFE." Lauren said.

I stood up and crossed over to her. "Yeah? Then why are we running? Wouldn't it be better to just meet up with him now? Kill him? Isn't that you're TRAINED to do?"

I could tell I hit a tender spot. Lauren fumbled with her answer. "Well, uh...there have been recent developments to make me not ready yet." She said nervously.

I took a step closer to her. "WHAT developments?"

She played with her fingers. "It's none of your business."

"IT IS MY BUISNESS."

She glared at me. Suddenly I saw a flash of anger behind her eyes, and it frightened me immensely. I've NEVER seen someone this angry, or murderous in my life. Not even Vincent when he found out I cheated on him.

She took a step closer to me. "Fine. You want the developments? I'll take you to him."

Me, Tom, Georgia, and Ali all exchanged glances and mumbled the word, "him?" to eachother anxiously.

Lauren stormed out of the room and beckoned with her hand for us to follow. Ali whispered in my ear, "Do you think she had Vincent? Do you think this is a trap? Is she on Vincent's side? Is she going to kill us? What-" I stopped her rant by putting my finger to my mouth and saying, "Shh."

We followed her to the car, and we all shuffled in besides our better judgement.

Once we were all in, Lauren slid into the drivers seat. She sat there for a moment.