My Vampire X-Boyfriend chapt. 12

Chapter twelve

Dana's P.O.V.

"Hey Lauren! Where are we gonna start today?" Ali asked excitedly. Things were getting a little bit happier around here. Not much, considering Conrad died only two days ago. His death was the only thing on the news. Apparently there was some flaws with Vincent's whole scheme of a car crash.

But in a week or two, those flaws will all magically disappear. Curtesy of Vincent's mind control. Or, at least that's what Lauren said.

Lauren smiled sweetly at all of us. Ever since Conrad's accident, she has been acting very odd. Almost as if she already had a plan, and she was getting frustrated with the rest of us. "I think I should start by following his trail." She leaned her head out the window. We were already in the car, and so far we were heading too the state east of us, New Jersey.

"Yay! The Big Apple!" Ali screamed with her fist punched out the window. Everyone rolled their eyes at her.

"we're not heading to the Big Apple. We're going to New Jersey." Tom sighed in desperation at her. As if he just couldn't bare to even waste his breath talking to her.

I giggled to myself at the thought.

Lauren looked up. "Hmm..." She muttered.

I shook her shoulder. "What?"

"It seems as if Vincent is going to go New York, actually." She mumbled to herself. She seemed a bit frustrated. She looked like she really hated Vincent all of a sudden.

But I guess of course she has too. She's a vampire hunter.

"YAY! NEW YORK!" Ali screamed. Georgia hit her on the back of the head. "Shut up Ali! We don't need you screaming." She huffed.

This little trip was taking a toll on all of us. No one was very happy. Except Ali of course. She's always happy.

Ali laughed and sat down in her seat, more securely in this time. "Whatever. I am so going shopping."

Everyone ignored her after that until we arrived in New Jersey.

We parked our car near the nearest motel and started walking down the street to it. "I thought we were going to go to New York to find him. Not this place." Ali whined, while gesturing to the grimy streets.

Lauren looked exasperated with everyone. She looked like she wanted to kill all of us. But of course she would never do that. "We can't be too open and just follow him around less than a mile away from him. He'd notice us. And we can't have that now, can we?" She flashed a wicked grin. And all of a sudden I felt nervous.

What did we really know about Lauren...only that she was a vampire hunting her own kind. With that kind of disloyalty, she could do anything to anyone. "Um, okay." I turned to Georgia, Tom, and Ali. "Can you guys go get us a room? I want to speak with Lauren alone." As I said this, Lauren whipped her head around to glare at me, trying to figure out my thoughts.

I tossed my friends, my wallet...with nearly two hundred dollars cash in it, and sent them off. All the while avoiding Lauren's black eyes.

Lauren turned to glare at me. "What is it you want?" She grimaced.

This was going to be so, oh, enjoyable. "Nothing. I just...is something wrong?" I asked carefully. Her eyes flamed with rage, but then softened. "Why would you say that?" She asked. It was like a mother talking to her loving daughter, Lauren's sudden tone of voice. I didn't understand it.

First, she was a raging vampire. Next, she was a sweet, caring, mother-like person. "It's just...you've been acting very strange since...since Conrad's death." I stumbled my words saying the last part. It still hurt deeply to know that ultimately, I killed him. I was a horrible person.