My Vampire X-Boyfriend chapt. 15

Chapter fifteen

Dana's P.O.V.

Lauren just walked in the room. She looked a lot less...angry.

We all watched as she silently moved to the bathroom. She shut the door. We all turned and looked at each other with worried expressions. "Is she okay?" Tom asked.

I shrugged.

The door to the bathroom opened again, Lauren came out, smiling like nothing even happened.

We all watched her carefully in silence. This was seriously scary as hell. "So..." I started, Lauren kindly looked at me. "Hmm?" She asked.

"Uh," I could barely get my words out. "So, um, where did you...uh...go...just now?" I stuttered. Saying each word with care. I had no idea how she would act.

She didn't act like I thought she would. She didn't scream, threaten, or storm out on us. Not the way she's been acting these last couple of days. Instead, she smiled at us and started rifling through her purse as she spoke. "Hunting."

It shocked all of us. We didn't even know what that meant. Hunting for Vincent? Or just hunting for...whatever she eats.

Lauren didn't say another word on the subject. She kept looking through her purse until she pulled out an iPod. Huh. I didn't think vampires listened to those.

Ali was so impatient. She wanted to know about everything all the time. She wouldn't even stop talking when I glared at her. "What kind of hunting? Vampire hunting? Or just looking for a nice human to eat?" She asked casually. We all gave her the most horrified shocked glares. Except for Lauren of course. She just chuckled to herself, as if there was something we were missing.

"No. I was doing...neither." She paused on the last word, and chuckled to herself again. "I have to eat, so I eat animals. Well, more or likely...drink animals." She looked at all of our disturbed faces and laughed. "God, don't sound so shocked. What am I supposed to eat?"

Tom lifted his head up, more secure of himself now that Lauren was calm. "How about human food? Can't you eat that?"

Lauren smirked. "Sure we can. Some of the food even tastes a little good. But you see, vampires choose to go for the blood. Its like choosing spinach over ice cream. It just can't compare." She smiled to herself. I had a feeling that she enjoyed all this food talk too much.

Tom quieted down after that, and Lauren popped the headphones in her ears, pretty much letting us know that the conversation was over.

Vincent's P.O.V.

"So, how're you feeling?" Tessa asked as she waltzed into my bedroom, completely unannounced, I may add.

I rolled over into the pillows. "Just great. Fabulous." I mumbled into them.

I could hear her footsteps walking over beside me. "I didn't leave my Alec time to come all the way over here, to see you cry into a pillow." She said harshly.

"Oh, sorry I messed with your ALEC time." I spat his name. I honestly didn't like him. He was too arrogant. God, why did Tessa love him?

Oh right. SHE WAS FORCED TO BY VAMPIRE NATURE.

Tessa sighed. I then felt a sharp pain in my side, she had kicked me. "Be a little more violent, why don't you?" I said sarcastically. No one needs for her to be more violent. The world might come to an end if that happened.

Another sharp pain. She hit me on the arm. "We really need to get you some help." I mumbled.

She shoved me over, and sat down next to me. "Stop insulting me, and we're going to need the first ever vampire hospital." She glared at me.

"Whatever." I didn't have the energy to do this right now. I was in freakin' New York city already. Dana and her stupid friends(plus vampire hunter) we're after me. I didn't have enough time to argue with Tessa at the moment.

"I don't want to do this with you right now, Vincent. Neither of us have the time! We need to keep on running from the problem, or face it head on." She had a certain fierceness in her words, she wanted to rally me up, so I would face it head on. Too bad it wasn't going to work.

"I pick running."

She hit me again. This was clearly not the answer she was looking for. "Too bad. Because we are going to do this my way." She smiled.

"We always have to do what you want." I grumbled.

"That's because my ideas are better than yours." She got up and patted my shoulder. "Get up. Let's get going. We really need to fix this problem now." She said, with some more pep in her voice.

"No." I said simply.

"Yes." She said sternly.

"No, Tessa."

"Yes, Vinnie boy." She smirked. I flinched at that horrible name.

"Why don't we just follow that list you wrote?" I hated that list, but it would derail Tessa's ideas for a few days. Enough time for me to come up with a way to lure Dana to me, and turn her.

Her face lit up. "Really?"

"Really."

She clapped her hands together. "Yay! Let's go get Alec, he's waiting in the hotel I got down the street." She started pulling me along.

I groaned. "Alec? I don't want him here. We don't need his help." I whined.

"Yes we do. The more strength the better." She turned around and looked at me. "Face it Vinnie, you're the third wheel now." She laughed, and continued pulling me out of the room.

"But I don't even like him! And he doesn't like me."

She shook her head. "Maybe so. But I know that if you guys get to spend some time together, you'll become friends." She said. I rolled my eyes. She ignored that. "And we both travelled, ON FOOT, from Philly. So there." She crossed her arms proudly. I wasn't about to mention that at vampire speed, it was probably about a fifteen minute trip.

"How did you know I was here anyways?" I asked.

Tessa shrugged. "Turns out that, GASP, vampires have a good sense of tracking, GASP, other vampires." She rolled her eyes as if I was the dumbest living thing in the world.

I crossed my arms. "Fine." I grumbled.

She dragged me all the way to the hotel they were staying at to meet up with Alec. I had no idea what was going to happen. How two mature male vampires were going to act.

I cringed at that sentence. Can't you see that THIS...was NOT a good idea?

I chuckled darkly to myself. Can't wait for this fight.

Can't wait.