My Vampire X-Boyfriend chapt. 27

Chapter twenty seven

Alec's P.O.V.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you being all weird all of a sudden? Ever since the whole blood stain on the boot fiasco, I swear you're not acting like yourself." Tessa has been lecturing me for a few minutes now, and I was getting annoyed.

Not with her- well, maybe a little- but with myself. Now before you think that I'm all emotional and brooding, I'm NOT. I am defiantly not what you see on TV or in books. I'm not the guy vampire who sits around trying to come up with ways to be more boring and protective of the girl he loves. No, I'm not like that...

...usually.

It's just that lately, ever since I figured out about Lauren trying to kill us, or me, specifically, I've been in a rut.

I know what she wants, and she's going to have a hard time getting it. But she also knows HOW to get what she wants.

And what she wants is me.

I'm not being egotistical either, it's the truth! She wants me, and then she wants Vincent dead, and probably Tessa dead as well.

Even thinking about her being dead makes my head hurt. Or my heart, I guess you could say as well.

I knew what I had to do about it also. All I had to do was tell Vincent what was going on, and he would be able to kill Lauren in an instant.

Or could he? I mean, if I told him the WHOLE TRUTH, would he be able to kill his sister?

And do I even want her to be killed? I couldn't have her dead knowing it was all my fault about what happened to her.

She may not know what happened with her turning, but I did, and I owed her that much to tell her.

I knew I should have told her when she found me, but I thought she was going to kill me if I did. What I did when she was turning, was horrible, and worth being killed for.

I didn't even care if she killed me anymore, I probably deserved it. But if she did, Tessa would try and kill Lauren, and with Tessa's carelessness on things, I'm afraid she might get herself killed.

And that I just could not bear.

I'd been lost in my own thoughts, and Tessa was getting frustrated with me. "ALEC!" She waved a hand in front of my face. "You in there? Or am I just talking to a dead vampire?"

I smiled sheepishly. "I'm here, I'm here. And to answer your many questions, I'm fine." I smiled and got up to walk behind her. I hugged her from the back and whispered in her ear. "I'm just worried about your safety."

I knew she was a bit dazzled by me, so she lost focus for a second. She giggled, as if what I said held no meaning. But in all seriousness, It did.

Finally she focussed, and struggled away from my hold. "Alec," She looked me in the eye. "You're worried about MY safety? Isn't that a bit ridiculous? I'm a VAMPIRE. I don't need you to be protective of me at all." Her voice started getting heavier, and angrier as she went on talking. "Actually, it's a bit annoying, to have you by my side at all times. I can take care of myself, and you being there ALL THE TIME is frustrating. Its like you think I can't handle myself at all. WHICH I CAN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH." She glared at me, and for the first time since we've been together, she actually looked mad at me.

"I am not some fictional book character, who lets the man take care of her. I've had enough of all this crap, and if you don't stop it right now, I'm not speaking to you." She crossed her arms and furiously glared at me.

To be honest, I was shocked. I didn't even know that she could even really get this mad at me. I didn't know it was ALLOWED with the whole vampire turning complications. I certainly never felt hostility towards her at all. It was amazing, in fact.