My Vampire X-Boyfriend chapt. 14

Chapter fourteen

Alec's P.O.V.

*Flashback*

Oh god, what have I done? I shrieked in my head.

I paced back and forth as she lay unconscious on the ground. I had no idea how I had gotten to this place. The place, that every vampire got to eventually in their lifetime. I remember when I swore I would never get to this place. I wish I had listened to my creator's wise words.

"Watch your hunger carefully. Because eventually your hunger, not your hunger for blood, but your hunger for a companion, will overcome your hunger for power." He had spoken this to me, a week before his death. It was almost as if he wanted to warn me of this, before he parished. It was like he knew he was going to die soon. That was his power. He could sense what was going to happen, not really like the future, he couldn't see it. He could just had a strong feeling.

And now, I had completely given in to the hunger for a companion. Ever since my creator had died, I had been lonely. I wanted a companion. But not really a companion, I wanted love. I know what it was like to have a companion, but I never knew what it was like to have love. I wanted it, which I know is selfish, because the only way to do that is to turn some poor girl.

And now here I was, freaking out because I had just given this girl my blood. This poor, train wrecked girl. I looked at her beautiful face, even with the blood and cuts on her face, and her eyes shut closed, she still looked beautiful.

She was unconscious, only because of the shock of me telling her about vampires. And maybe the fact that she had been in a horrible train crash...

I have no idea what I was thinking giving her my blood. I know what will happen when she wakes up, when she's healthy and strong again, when she drinks the blood of a human...she will fall in love with me. And I will fall in love with her.

I wasn't ready for that. She couldn't even handle it, probably. I wasn't in a position to love her, yet.

I shook my head. I could already feel love looking at her. And I know it would grow as soon as she's a full vampire. And lucky her, she won't even love me at all until she's a full vampire. I hate these kind of things.

But I couldn't let her die. Watching the nurses wheel her into the ER, was too much for me. I knew she wouldn't last a day. I only had one choice, and I had to take it.

The girl coughed, she would start waking up soon. I touched the cuts on her face, as soon as I did, I noticed they were already fading. I looked at her broken arm, when I touched it, she didn't wimper as much as she did an hour ago. Her injuries were fading, and she was going to be strong when she woke up.

I sighed. I didn't want to do it, but I was going to have to. Neither of us was ready for each other, I had to fix this. And the only way to do that was to run.

I looked at her one more time. I tried to convince myself that this was good for her. She would be better off without me. I am irresponsible, selfish, and just stupid, to have done this to her. Hopefully, she would want to hate me, because even that is better than love.

I turned away from her, and in an instant, I bolted out of there. Never to see her again.

*End flashback*

I was sitting alone in my room, or should I say crap apartment? God, I wish that I knew how to save money. I mean, I'm smart enough, I should be smart enough. I've been going to school for practically two thousand years.

Maybe not two thousand. More like one thousand maybe. I didn't have the money back then to go to school, so me and my creator just wandered around. We were nomads for a bit.