49. A Love Like No Other

Her...

"Baby, wake up. We're here." Dean's voice pushed through my dreams.

"Where's here?" I rubbed my eyes, trying to remember our destination.

"The hospital." He gave me a light kiss on the side of my head.

What hospital?

"We're in London, sweetheart. Rise and shine." His voice was calm.

London. My parents. Dean.

Three words I have never thought of together in one sentence until last night. As much as I cannot wait to see my father, to know that he is finally alright, and to have him gather me in his arms and feel his warmth like I always do; I can't dread this moment any harder.

"How did we get here?" I opened my eyes to see the most beautiful smile in the entire world.

"What are you so excited about?" I pouted and he smiled even wider.

"It's not every day you get to meet your girl's parents." He shrugged in a way that warmed up my heart.

"I love how enthusiastic you are, Dean, but you don't know my mother." I shook my head as I shifted in my seat.

Weren't we in his jet? What are we doing in a car?

"I know, you keep saying that, but I'm sure I will win her over sooner or later. Now come on." He urged.

"How did you even know which hospital they are at?" I frowed my eyebrows only to be met by a raised one of his.

Right. Rich bad boy and all that.

I got out of the car and so did he.

Less than two weeks... I was here less than two weeks ago, yet it feels like a lifetime. My life has totally changed. And now, I have to explain that to my mother, while we are waiting for my father's surgery that is in four hours. I think the reason I forgot about all this is actually me trying so damn hard to not think about this moment, right here and now.

"He's going to be fine, you know?" Dean wrapped his arm around my waist.

"He has to be. You have no idea how much I love him, Dean." I leaned in to him, looking at those crystal blue eyes.

"I do know, baby. And I promise you that I will do everything in my power to help." He put a soothing palm on my cheek.

"Well, before we get in. I told you that my mother really loves Mathew, and it will be a surprise for her seeing me with a different guy, so just please don't let her get under your skin, okay? I don't really know how to explain it, but my relationship with my mother is not your typical healthy mother-daughter relationship." I shrugged.

"It's like we're both from different worlds and we were never truly successful in finding a common ground. The one thing we used to have in common was our love for Matthew. So if she brings him up or says anything to piss you off, just please try to ignore it, alright? And remember you have nothing to be jealous of, I'm all yours now, and that's all that matters, okay?" I held both his hands.