12. Fate Has a Sense of Humor

Her..

Did he just say that he is Max Parker? Parker as in Parkers Corporation? Wait, does that mean I just called his son an arrogant man-whore to his face?

"Yes, you did." he looked amused.

Oh, I also said that out loud, I see. Kill me. Kill me now.

"Okay, look. Mr. Parker, I know I probably should start explaining myself, but I won't. I don't want to and I'd really hate to, because actually I don't have anything to say to defend myself. Besides, no offense, but I don't even need to, because what I said was what I truly think of your son. I'll not lie about that. However, I will apologize that I said it to your face that way. That was wrong, I didn't know he was your son, and for that I'm sorry." I cleared my throat, smiled and walked out of the elevator.

"I want you to work for him. I want you to have the job." He followed me.

"What? No, I can't." I shook my head, still confused.

"Why not?" He frowned and we stopped walking to look clearly at each other.

"Did you not hear what I said in there? No offense again, but I hate your son already. He's reall-- whatever he is. I just don't think that I want the job anymore, and I'm quite sure I'm not the one for it either." I reasoned, holding my clutch tighter.

"Exactly! That's why you should totally have it, because you hate my son, like you said. You are the absolute perfect assistant I've been looking for." He shouted in excitement.

"What are you talking about?" I frowned.

Isn't he the owner of this company? Doesn't he have something better and more important to do than convince a total stranger to have a job, a lot would actually dream to have? Something is off.

"Come with me upstairs and let's have the interview. I'll explain everything you need to know." He offered. I thought about it for a second then nodded my head.

Let's see what he has to say. I mean, either way it's my decision. No one can force me into working here, so there's nothing to be afraid of. Besides, this man looks affable and kind. He seems like a good father and he's not as arrogant as his son is, I presume.

We walked back to the elevator and started the ride up again.

"So, you forgot your file, I hear." Mr. Parker said.

"Uhm, yes. I'm sorry. I just woke up extremely late and I didn't want to miss the interview so I rushed here and forgot to grab it on my way." I explained, embarrassed at my irresponsibility.

"Okay. So tell me about yourself." He smiled, not at all mad.

"Well, my name is Emma Stinson. I'm twenty two years old. I recently graduated with honors and a bachelor degree in management." My palms started to get sweaty as I went further, " I used to work in a real estate company nearby, but I had to quit because of some personal issues."

"What kind of personal issues, may I ask? If I'm not intruding so much." He gently asked and I cleared my throat.

"Well, you see, I used to live with my boyfriend and work with my best friend, but they cheated on me, so I quit my job because I don't really want to be around her and moved out. Now, I'm looking for a fresh start. I'm trying to find a convenient place near Williamson street, because I'm staying in a motel till I do. I have a recommendation letter from my previous boss but I unfortunately forget that as well. My birthday is in December and I'm a Sagittarius." I added with a smile before shaking my head as the elevator stopped and we walked out.