22. Question Everything

Him...

"Tell him I'm busy in a meeting or something." I ordered Kayla.

"I already tried, like you told me before, but he insists." Kayla said.

"Fuck." I cursed and Emma looked at me.

"Just meet him. What's the big deal?" She shrugged a shoulder.

"I'm not going to meet him with you here." I shook my head, trying to think of a solution.

"Why not?" She took a step closer to me.

"Because I don't want him to see you." I clenched my jaw.

I will not have him try anything with her. Nor her.

"What?" She frowned as I walked around my desk. I picked up my cell phone and called Jake.

"Where are you?" I asked once he picked up.

"Seventh floor. IT department. Why?"

"Drake Haynes is here to see me."

"Where is Emma?" He asked instantly.

"In here with me." I looked at her and her eyes widened when she comprehended that once I said Drake's name Jake asked about her.

"I'm coming." He hung up.

That's the best thing about Jake. He's always there for me when I need him. He's my brother, no matter how many times we argue.

"Jake's coming. Kayla, go tell Drake to wait for a few more minutes." She left and Emma turned to me.

"What is this about?" She asked, furrowing her brows.

"If Drake saw you here he will do anything to get in your pants. I already told you that. Especially if he knew that you're my new executive assistant." I explained, running a hand through my hair.

"Why would he do that?" She asked.

"Because that's what he does. Now, listen, Drake and Jake are coming in now. I don't want you to utter a word, do you understand me? Not even a word, Emma."

"What? How could I do that? It's rude." She shook her head.

"I don't give a fuck what's rude, Emma. You will not utter a word and you will leave once they come in. Go to my Dad's office and wait for me there. Am I clear?" The finality was very clear in my voice.

Drake will not come near Emma. Not in this life time or even another.

She nodded just before we heard a knock on the door. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. "Come in." Jake and Drake both came in. Drake's eyes instantly laid on Emma and I felt my blood boil.

"Dean, Drake is here to see you." Jake said, walking towards us.

"What brought you here, Drake?" I asked him coldly.

"Well, it was work at first, but had I known you have someone this beautiful in your office I would have come earlier." He winked at Emma and I balled my fists.

"Hey, beautiful, who are you?" Drake held out a hand for her. She looked at him then at me and Jake.

"She's Emma, a friend of mine." Jake went and stood beside her. She slowly took Drake's hand and he instantly pulled it up to his mouth and gave it a kiss. My knuckles went white and it took all of my willpower and self-control not to punch him in his fucking jaw.

He's flirting, and that wicked smirk on his lips says it all.

"Well, hello, Emma. What are you doing here?" He asked.