The Beginning Of Our Journey

A/N: Welcome to my first BNHA book! Please comment any spelling or grammar errors or anything which doesn't make sense at all :) Enjoy!
———-
In our world, at the age of 16, we are allowed to leave home and start a journey. A journey to find your place in the world, a journey to leave your mark. Some people begin at 16 and finish at 17, others on the other hand journey for their entire lives.

The greatest person to ever journey was All Might. He started his journey at 16 like many others. People believed he was useless and wouldn't make a difference in our world. But later on, he ended up defeating All For One, the strongest Demon of the Hell World, who sought to destroy all living things on earth and turn it into a Hell wonderland for his demons; Nomu. But All Might had a different idea and defeated him with his powerful weapon: One For All.

Now, I don't think I'll make as much of a difference on our world as All Might did, but, I want to make a difference, whether it is big or small.

I am an elf and my name is Izuku Midoriya! In my life it's just me and my mum. Oh, and of course my two best friends, Iida and Ochaco! Yesterday was my 16th birthday and my mum is finally letting me leave for a journey after hours of begging.

"STAY SAFE IZUKU!" My mum screamed before she blew her nose into a tissue she was holding in her hand. Her nose was red from blowing it so much and her green hair was all messy. She had tear drops on her pink apron. "I LOVE YOU!"
I turned around and smiled at her. "I LOVE YOU TOO!"
I grinned and started running, holding my sack with food and resources around my back. I happily ran until a rock got in my way and I tripped... dropping everything onto the floor.

"Deku!" A small voice called out. "You okay?"
It was Ochaco. She looked at me with her pink cheeks and big, brown eyes. She held out a hand for me. Ochaco was a witch, so she wore a loose, peach, long sleeved shirtdress which fell below her knees, a brown belt and a pinkish-red robe which had a hood pointed like a witches hat. She held her broom in her left hand.

I gladly took her hand and got up. "You can't be so clumsy, Midoriya-Kun. We are 16 now, we need to take responsibility for our actions." Iida fixed his glasses on his face.
I brushed off my dark green elf pants and light green vest. I picked up my white glove which fell off from the fall and put it back on.
Ochaco helped me pick up all my things.
"Shall we head off now?" Iida asked. I nodded.

Iida, Ochaco and I went to the same school as children and were best friends since the beginning. Iida was the son of a great knight named Tensei Iida. Ochaco was the daughter of a witch family, and I, Izuku Midoriya was the son of a lonely elf which lived in the middle of the forest.

We started on our journey by travelling through existing roads. Once sunset had arrived, we found a small cave to rest in. Iida started a fire whilst Ochaco and I set up the sleeping bags.
"Can you really believe we're starting our journey?!" She squealed. "I'm so excited!"
"Heh, yeah same." I replied, smiling. "I'm still surprised that my mum allowed me."
"Well, you are 16, she should understand that you must have independence." Iida said in his 'matter-of-fact' tone.
"Are you nearly done with the fire, Iida?" Ochaco asked.
"Yes, I am."
"Oh yay! I'm freezing." She huddled up by the fire.
"Come to think of it, so am I." I felt my freezing hands and sat down next to her. Iida sat down next to me.

Just then I heard whimpering, Ochaco was crying.
"H-hey, huh? Are you okay?" I asked, not knowing what to do.
"I-I'm fine... I just... I was too embarrassed to admit it but it's my first time being away from home." She admitted tearfully.
"It's fine Uraraka-San. We're here with you, your best friends. And you won't be gone forever, you can always visit your parents and your home." Iida comforted.

She wiped her tears away. "Heh, thanks guys... you might not understand but I really needed that."
In pity, I hugged her and we began a group hug.
"O... ok...ay... I... can't... breathe... now..." I managed to spit out as Iida began tightening his hug.
"Oh, my apologies." He fixed his glasses again.