Makeup Essentials For Beginners (+ Best Budget Makeup Brands)

Quote of the Day: "A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."~ Coco Chanel

~~~~~~~~

A/N: I just want to put it out there that I rarely wear makeup. We're not allowed to wear it at school and my mom only allows me to wear it when we have a special occasion to go to or when I have a dance performance. That being said I have alot of experience when it comes to putting makeup on someone else. My aunt does cosmetology and special effects makeup alongside her main job so since I was about 6 she's been teaching me everything she knows. So I know what I'm talking about :3 Well I'll stop boring you guys, I just wanted to clear that up :) On with the chapter!

~*~

Makeup. Now alot of people might say "Oh you don't need makeup to look beautiful!" or "Beauty is what's on the inside, not the outside." These things may be true but with the way that society is wired nowadays it seems like beauty is everything. I personally think that everyone is beautiful because God made them and he never makes mistakes but sadly not everyone thinks this way. I decided to do this chapter to help out those of you who want to get into makeup but don't know where to start when it comes to buying or using the actual products. Remember, makeup is meant to enhance your features, not cover them up. People have this misconception that more is better when in reality, less is more. That's the only rule I have when it comes to makeup; you're the one who decides what you'll wear and how you'll wear it! Read below to find out the Makeup Essentials for Beginners and the Best Budget Makeup Brands!:

Makeup Essentials For Beginners

For your skin: 

1. Primer: A primer minimizes pores and creates a smooth base for the rest of your makeup application. This is a step you can skip if your skin is naturally flawless, but if you have any imperfections, it will make your skin look amazing. It also helps your makeup go on smoother and last longer. Apply it all over your face but be careful not to use too much.

Good Primer for beginners:

-Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

2. Foundation or A tinted moisturizer: Foundation is used mainly to even out your skin tone. As a beginner, I would recommend you use a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation. Applying foundation the wrong way can make your skin look cakey and enhance your pores. Also, choosing the wrong colour will make your face look darker (or lighter) than the rest of your body. Using tinted moisturizer will give you an idea about foundations and when you are comfortable with it, you can upgrade to foundation. Foundation comes in either liquid or powder form, and the powder can be "pressed" which means it's very compacted, or it can be "loose" meaning it is exactly that: loose. There are a few ways to apply foundation: you could put a little drop or two on the back of your hand and use a foundation brush to apply it to your face, you could apply a drop of it to a makeup sponge and dab it on or you could simply put a drop on your fingers and use your fingers to apply. Remember when applying: DAB don't RUB. 

Good Tinted Moisturizer for beginners:

-Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Tinted Moisturizer. Not only does it give you the colour of foundation, which helps eliminate redness, discolouration, baggy eyes, etc., but the moisturizer in it actually helps your skin, unlike most foundations, which can clog your pores and cause acne.

Good Foundation for beginners:

-True Match by L'Oréal Paris or Tru-Blend by Covergirl. They have so many shades so it will be a breeze to find your match.