Fading Acne Scars

Quote of The Day: " Healthy skin is a reflection of overall wellness."~ Dr. Howard Murad

~~~~~~~~

Are your acne scars stressing you out? Don't they just seem to never go away? Follow these methods and they'll be gone before you know it!

Method 1: Lemon juice

Lemon juice naturally has skin bleaching effects so it can help to lighten acne scars. Combine equal parts of lemon juice/ water and apply directly to your skin and wash off after 15-20 minutes. Or, you could leave it on at night as a face mask. Remember to moisturize directly after washing off the juice because it can dry out your skin. Limes can be used if you don't hav any lemons.

Method 2: Baking soda

Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of water to make a paste. Apply this to your scars and use it as a scrub to exfoliate your skin. Gently rub in circles, concentrating on scarred areas. Do this for approximately 2 minutes and then wash off. 

Method 3: Honey

Honey contains many antibacterial properties that helps cleanse your skin and remove bacteria. Honey can be dabbed directly on affected area using a q-tip. Honey is perfect for people with sensitive skin and will moisturize, not dry out, your skin.

Method 4: Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera helps to rejuvenate and moisturize skin which helps fade acne scars. You can apply it right to your skin and you don't even need to wash it off. Gently massage it into your scars and let your skin absorb it.

Method 5: Ice 

Ice most likely won't fade your acne scars completely, however, it can reduce redness and swelling/ inflamed skin. You could also try to freeze green tea and use that as well because green tea has naturally anti-inflammatory properties that could help scarring. Just wrap the ice (or tea) cube in a paper towel and apply it to your skin until it feels numb.

Some other non-natural/ home remedies options are as follows:

-cortisone cream

-skin lightening cream

-glycolic or salicylic acid treatments

-retinoid skin products

Miscellaneous tips:

-Drink a ton of water because it removes toxins that cause acne. Between 0-100 ounces a day! (Considering your weight)

-Use sunscreen/ protect your face from the sun which can be really damaging to your skin.

-Don't pick at acne because that's what causes scarring in the first place.

-Wash your face, exfoliate and moisturize EVERYDAY.

-If the scars are really bad and nothing is working consider seeing a dermatologist who can prescribe something a little stronger,  if needed.

-Be patient. The scars aren't going to go away overnight. Eventually, your skin will replace old cells and create new ones and the scars will fade by themselves.

~~~~~~~~

QOTD: What are your acne-removing remedies?

I like to mix honey with baking soda!

Comment, Vote & Share! :)

Till next time beauties!  xoxo~ QuiQui