Happy

Chapter 9

Happy

Never Shout Never

"Scarlett answer your phone." Ryan mumbled, pulling the covers over his face.

"Do they know what time it is? They can fuck off until a more reasonable hour." I grumbled, pulling Ryan's pillow from him and putting it over my head to block out the noise.

"What the hell..." Ryan sighed.

I felt a smile spread on my face when I felt him use me as his pillow. I slowly lowered my hand and started to run my fingers through his hair, putting the both of us back to sleep slowly, but surely. At least until someone came barging into our room.

"Scarlett! I've been calling you all morning!" My mom yelled, pulling the covers off both Ryan and I.

"Ugh! What the fuck! Do you know what time it is and how late I stayed up last night?" I tossed Ryan's pillow on his side of the bed as he got off me and laid down on his side.

"I've been calling you all morning Scarlett. Get up. Let's get going." She said with a huge smile on her face.

I looked over at Ryan, hoping he would take my side. "Are you serious?" I mumbled when I saw his eyes were closed. "Ryan get up. If I have to wake up so do you."

"I have stuff to get done anyways while you're with your mom."

"Yeah? Like what?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Ten minutes Scarlett." My mom said, turning around and walking out our bedroom door.

"She shouldn't have done that." I whispered, laying back down, scooting closer to Ryan for body heat since the blanket was across the room and I was not going to get up to get it.

The second I heard Ryan chuckle, he wrapped his arm around me. It took everything I had in me not to sigh as the warmth of his body spread through me. "Who needs a blanket when I have you?" I mumbled.

"Your mom is going to be pissed if you aren't ready in time."

"She should have told me yesterday then if she wanted me to be up and ready at nine in the morning. Maybe I would have gone to bed sooner." I paused for a second before my eyes sprang open. "You knew she was going to be here didn't you!"

"I told you we should have just gone to bed instead of putting on another movie. Did you listen to me?"

"Shut up." I mumbled, laying my head on his chest, getting more comfortable.

Ryan smirked, looking down at me. "Besides you're going to have a long night tonight anyways."

On its own accord, my body had a surge of excitement even though I had no idea what he was planning. "Date night?" I questioned.

"You could call it that." He smiled.

"Scarlett. Are you serious. Get up." My mom said, barging back into our room.

"I am up. We've been talking. You should hand us back our blanket please." I said, looking down Ryan's chest at her. I quickly swallowed the saliva that built up in my mouth at the sight, doing everything in my power to keep from rubbing my hands along his chest.

Shivers ran down my spine as a deep growl rumbled deep in his chest by my thoughts. "Don't do it." Ryan pleaded.

“What are you talking about?” My mom said, confusion written all over her face.

“He wasn’t talking to you.” I mumbled, slowly sitting back up and crawling off the bed. “Besides, you can’t expect me to get ready in ten minutes. That isn’t even a shower. I’m ready to go back to sleep. Is there any reason that I am up and moving this early?”