Mark My Words

Chapter 5

Mark My Words

For All Those Sleeping

"Travis. You really need to get going. I am not going to be responsible for her actions if you say anything else that pisses her off." Ryan chuckled.

"I didn't do anything. I don't know what the fuck crawled-" Travis started to say before Ryan slapped a hand over his mouth.

"I would not finish that sentence if I were you. Calmly stand up and head back home. You'll be safer there." Ryan said quickly, moving so that he was in front of me.

"Is this because you guys haven't mated yet? Is that why you've both been moodier than hell recently?" Travis exclaimed, his eyes lighting up as if he won the lottery.

"None of your business." I said through clenched teeth.

"Take a deep breath." Ryan said calmly, looking back at me over his shoulder.

I slowly took a deep breath and closed my eyes, but when I did that the image of Ryan and Malory flooded my mind. The next time I see her, I'm beating her ass.

"Travis. You really should get going. Like right now!" Ryan said, starting to shove him towards the door.

"At least tell me what I did so I can avoid it for future conversations." Travis said as he allowed Ryan to push him toward the front door.

"Malory was here earlier today and you talking about my past isn't helping anything whatsoever. Scarlett is ready to hunt her down and if she does that she'll end up in prison."

"Shit. I didn't realize. When she calms down tell Scarlett I said sorry." Travis said panicking, knowing Scarlett would beat Malory to death if given the chance. He knew first hand how possessive you could be over your mate. In our case it's even worse because we haven't slept together yet.

"I will." Ryan said quickly as he turned around to give me all of his attention. "Scarlett...look at me."

I didn't acknowledge his presence as I continued my plan on how I was going to find her and what I was going to do to her once I got my hands on her. My eyes snapped open when I felt his hands on both my cheeks, tilting my head back so I was looking at him. "What?" I snapped.

"You need to calm down. I've already told you this and I'll say it a thousand times over. I don't want anyone else but you. You are mine, as I am yours. Wether you want to accept it, it's only a matter of time."

I jerked away from him and shot him a glare before I stormed upstairs. I need to do something. Anything. I slammed the bedroom door behind me and looked around. It was already clean. I can't do anything in here. It'll give me time to think. I do not want to think right now.

I squeezed my eyes shut tight and let out a deep breath. I could feel how hurt Ryan was. No matter how much I didn't want to care, I did. I want him to be happy. He isn't and it's all my fault. I plopped down on the corner of the bed and put my head in my hands. What the hell am I going to do about all this? The longer I avoid him, I'm jut going to get bitchier and bitchier. That isn't going to be a good thing for anyone. I could always embrace the fact that I found my mate. There are people who never do find them who wish they would.

'You can't hold it against him forever.' Andrew's voice from earlier echoed in my head.

I slowly stood up and made my way to the door. I can put everything aside now and do what I've wanted to do since I brushed passed him in the grocery store. The past is the past. Andrew is right. I can't hold it against him forever. It's heartless of me. Damn him for always being right.