Hot N Cold

Chapter 2

Hot N Cold

Woe, Is Me

"You haven't mated Scarlett yet! How the fuck have you managed? I would have been all over h-"

"Finish that sentence and you're a dead man!" I growled at my brother, James.  "Do not speak those words to me ever again."

He instantly stopped what he was going to talk about and held his hands up in a 'I surrender' gesture. "Won't happen again." James chuckled. "No need to get your panties in a bunch."

I couldn't stop myself as tackled him down to the ground and held my arm against his throat. "Say anything else I don't like about anything regarding Scarlett and it will be your last. Do you understand?"

His face was a shade of blue before I released him. "Won't happen again." He choked out.

"Ryan get over here now!" My mom yelled, standing next to the car. I'm assuming they were about to go home, but not before she gave me a piece of her mind by the look on her face.

"Yeah?" I asked, trying to act as if nothing just happened.

"What was that with your brother? I am not stupid. You need to finish the mating process before you both end up killing someone." She said quietly enough so I would be the only one to hear her, but still loud enough to show me just how angry she was.

"I don't think it's going to be that easy." I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"Well you better figure something out then and fast." My mom scolded.

"Uhh. If you don't mine my asking...did Scarlett do something?"

"Did she do something...that's an understatement. She nearly tore the caterers head off for making the food too hot! I can hardly imagine how much worse it is going to get." She sighed. "I'm going to take your brother and father home. Settle this Ryan."

Shit. This is going to be worse then I thought. Something as petty as the food being too hot got her that mad? That usually happens weeks after the person found their mate, but hadn't completed the process yet.

I walked back around the backyard and saw that the only people left were Scarlett's parents and they were trying to calm her down. Good luck with that. I'm the only one who would be able to calm her, as she is the only one who would be able to calm me...if she were wanting to be around me that is. I don't see that happening for a while.

"You know what? I have a great idea! Why don't you all just go fuck yourselves and leave me alone! I've already told you I don't want anyone to talk to me right now. So back the fuck off, and give me some space!" Scarlett screamed, storming away from her parents, a scowl on her face.

I would never talk to my parents like that. They would have my head! Well it might also have to do with them being the leader of the pack. Nobody, not even their own kids could get away with talking to them like that.

"Ryan. Would you please go up there and talk to her? Tell her we love her, we're going to get home." Amanda asked, walking away before I could answer.

"Good luck son." Jack, Scarlett's dad sighed, slapping me on the back as he walked by, a look on his face that could only be described as him feeling sorry for me.

Great. I don't want to do this! Now she's going to yell at me. I guess I should just get this done and over with and then I might still have all my limbs.

I slowly walked into the house and up the stairs to our room. I was surprised when I didn't see any of my stuff thrown around; however, I didn't expect to see Scarlett curled up in a ball on the bed. I felt a weird surge of pain throughout my body when I saw the dried tears on her cheeks. She cried herself to sleep.

Should I just let her continue sleeping? Or do I wake her up so I can talk to her about what happened to the both of us after we got angry when we normally wouldn't have.

Why the hell am I even thinking about that? I am not going to wake her up unless it's a life or death situation.

I slowly walked back downstairs and started to lock up the house. I can clean the yard after I wake up. As for now, I'm taking a shower. I peeked out of the curtain to take a look at the backyard and sighed in relief when I saw that there were only a few plates and cups sitting around. A lot of the people must have picked up after themselves. Must be because of my family blood line...

***

After I stepped out of the shower, I heard Scarlett tossing and turning in the bed. I quickly pulled on my boxers, ran the towel through my hair, getting the water to stop falling off the ends and tossed the towel in the hamper.

I opened the door just in time to hear her let out a broken scream as if something horrible happened in her dream. Sure enough, there were tears streaming down her face.

I gently sat down on the bed next to her and tried to shake her awake. "Scarlett...are you ok? Wake up..." When she cried out my name I was shocked for a second. She was having a bad dream about me. Was I the one making her cry? "Scarlett you need to wake up. It's just a bad dream." I said louder this time.

Scarlett jerked awake, looked around confused for a second before she realized her cheeks were wet with tears and wiped them away.

Her mouth was parted open as if she was going to say something until she looked me in the eyes. Tears instantly spilled down her cheeks as if I triggered something from her dream.

"Sorry for waking you. You were having a bad dream, but since you're awake I'll leave you alone now." I know for a fact she doesn't want me to sleep in the same bed with her. Not after something do dramatic just occurred. In her mind at least.

My heart sped up when I felt her flesh against mine. "No. Stay. Please." She whispered. "I don't want to be alone right now. Not after..." She shook her head as if to get rid of the nightmare and whispered, "please" one more time.

There was no way I could say no to her. I didn't want to leave her in the first place, but my mate comes first. Above anyone. Above me. I slowly walked to the other side of the bed and slid underneath the covers. I was shocked as she turned around to face me and got close enough so she could comfortably place her face in the side of my chest.

"Are you ok?" I whispered.

"No." She cried. "I'm not ok."

I felt my heart break at the tone of her voice. Is it my fault she's crying uncontrollably? No. She wouldn't be curled up to me I was the cause of her to be so petrified. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No I don't want to think about it ever again. It was horrible. Please just stop talking and let me go back to sleep." Scarlett whispered.

She said please? I guess she's really wanting to forget all about it if she said the 'P' word to me. I didn't say anything as I turned on my side and wrapped my arm around her and drifted off into my own slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

picture on the side is Scarlett

Well here's chapter two. :) Let me know what you guys think of it. I think I liked the way it turned out.

I've had this written out for a little while, but I we waiting until I could post Free & Revenge Driven at the same time. Whichever one gets the most reads and votes is the one I will continue working on first.