Good Things

Chapter 4

Good Things

The Dangerous Summer

***Mild explicit scene in this chapter. Not too bad though!***

I was still crying like a baby as I made my way home. That movie was ridiculously sad! How could someone as funny as Adam Sandler make such a horribly sad movie?

I wiped at my eyes frantically as I stopped in the driveway, hoping no one would be able to tell I was crying...not that that's likely. My face is probably red and blotchy.

My eyebrows pulled together as I saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway. "Who the hell is that?" I mumbled curiously as I stepped out of my car and made my way into the house. I knew someone else was in here besides Ryan. And what pissed me off even more was the fact that whoever it was, it was female.

I rounded the corner to the kitchen and froze where I stood. Malory. I knew if I got any closer I would have hit her without even thinking, just because she was so close to what was mine.

I froze for a second shocked by my thoughts as Ryan came rushing towards me, clearly worried about something. He should be worried about what I'm about to do to her face. "What's the matter? Who did this to you!"

I had to grab his arm and stop him as he started marching for the door to go find the 'person' who did whatever the hell he's talking about to me. "I don't know what you're talking about. No one did anything to me." Maybe he's gone a bit crazy.

"Scarlett. You've clearly been crying. Now tell me who upset you and I will make them wish they never did." Ryan whispered, wiping his thumbs under my eyes to get the tears that I missed.

"You're crazy. No body did anything to me. Andrew and I just watched a sad movie...well he fell asleep, then I left before he could see me crying like a baby." I added the last part quickly.

Ryan breathed a sigh of relief. "Why didn't you just say that in the first place?"

"I didn't think it was important. I was just crying. Nothing to freak out about." I narrowed my eyes when I heard an annoyed sigh behind me.

"You do know I'm still here don't you?" Malory scoffed.

"Why the fuck is she here anyway? I thought you were going to go talk to your dad." I crossed my arms over my chest waiting for an answer.

"I did, but when I got back she was parked in the driveway..." He paused for a second and looked over my head before continuing, "you can leave."

She opened her mouth, about to say something as I turned around on her sharply and pointed towards the door. "Now." I growled out, maybe a little more forceful then necessary.

Ryan and I just stared at each other, not saying a word until we heard her car a ways down the road. "Now why was she here again?" I raised my eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

"Promise me you won't go after her." Ryan said as he looked me straight in the eye.

What in the hell could have happened so that he would have to ask me not to go after her? I felt a stab of jealousy at the thought of them having sex. He better not have. I will kill them both.

"Now before you come up with crazy sinarios, let me start off by saying nothing happened."

I knew if I didn't do something with my hands, and fast I was going to snap. I was going to hunt her down and beat her within an inch of her life. I could smell her on him. He needs to burn those clothes and get in the shower.

What are with all these possessive thoughts?! I stormed over to the dishes I left from brunch and filled up the sink. "Go on. What happened." I finally replied.