The Reaction

Anthony's POV

My hair slowly dripped water creating a pathway as I was walking out the shower with only a small towel wrapped around my waist. I heard talking coming from Adam's room. He was alone, surely? Unless someone had been hiding in the cupboard and snuck out whilst I was in the shower... Now, why am I over re-acting? He's on the phone idiot! And I am certainly not jealous of a phone call, am I? I mean, we haven't even gone on a first date yet, but that's not to say that there won't be one, right?

I'm not jealous of a phone call, he's only just confessed his love to me, reassured his feelings (multiple times), gave me a night I won't soon be forgetting, and I'm jealous of a freaking phone call?! Who's he even talking to at this time of night? God, I need to stop being so paranoid all of a sudden, it just isn't me...

As Adam finished up on the phone, I jumped half onto the bed, half on top of him, making sure my towel didn't fly off.

"Soooo, who was that?" He pushed me off of him, stood up and got a new pair of briefs out the draw

"Max, he wanted to know if we got home safe and if you were OK. I told him that everything was fine, and that we both fell asleep on the floor or something around those lines, so we didn't call him. I wasn't so keen on sharing the previous activities, I spared him that," Thank God that was it, I thought there would be more "But there's more," Damn it! "He asked if I was doing anything tomorrow for dinner; anyway, long story short, Max is coming here for dinner tomorrow, joining us?" What an idiot, he really doesn't see it yet, he's really oblivious to the situation. That's it, he deserves it. "OWWW! What the hell did you do that for? You didn't have to hit me for doing nothing!" For nothing! Sure, nothing!

"You are so clueless, Max is in-love with you! He has been for years!" The look of shock was clearly visible on his face, I still don't know why.

"Oh, well, oh, years? Oh, oh, OH SHIT! I INVITED HIM TO MY HOUSE! FUCK, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER!" He practically screeched

"I honestly thought you knew! I mean, it was really obvious Adam." We both laid down on the bed and simultaneously sighed. Adam kissed me softly and whispered "It'll be fine, we'll figure something out." Then I remembered something... something kinda important

"Adaaam... I just realized, what we did earlier, yeah, I'm still technically a virgin. Night!" Leaving him with that thought, I rolled over and went to sleep.

The next morning me and Adam got up, had our Fruit Loops, and went to my place to get my stuff. We had decided that I would be staying at his for a while, as a kinda tester. When we got back, Adam started preparing the food, whilst I was cleaning his damn messy house and thinking of excuses to why I was here. I was just finishing up, and not a single idea had hit me. Screw it, I'll just say I was in the area, came and said hi to Adam, and here I am (if he asks that is).

I went to go tell Adam, only to find him slightly bent over the counter, both hands flat on the surface, and him breathing heavily. I think he's hyperventilating! "Adam, baby, what's wrong?" I said soothingly.

He let out a shaky laugh, "Well, to be honest, I've never had two people like me at the same time before, and I don't want to let Gassy down. He always acts so touchy," you know, ever since he ended things with Renee. What if he hates me, or leaves the group! God, I can't do this. I'm gonna call him and cancel." I pulled him into a tight embraced and cupped his neck.

"It's fine, it'll be fine. Your over reacting, silly. Even if he does go all touchy, he'll come round and realize it's you, Adam Montoya, Seananners, The Nanner man! Come on now, who could be mad at that? It's gonna be fine." Once he had calmed down, I let him go and I carried on cooking with Seananners.

OK, Six o'clock, he should be here soon. *Ding* The doorbell bellows its mighty song and causes Adam to go hysteric.

"He's here, He's here!" The hyper man exclaimed.

"Shush, he'll hear you! And calm down, it's just Max, our friend, f.r.i.e.n.d!" I can't believe I had to spell it out for him, literally. I pushed him near the door and mimed turning the handle oh so obviously. Boy, he's really been out of it today! I mean, I don't blame him really; he's about to tell someone who's obsessed over him that he really is gay, but has already been taken. Come to think of it, why am I not scared?

Throughout dinner, Adam would grab my hand under the table, or play footsies, like the previous night. I'm still not used to having someone 'play' with me, I'm practically always alone. "So, I suppose this is cooking with the Banana, huh." Max announced, and we all laughed.

"Hey, it's a privilege to be dining with the oh-so famous Latin fire! I'm just a humble Banana!" The playful banter was consistent, no awkward silences. When I thought there would be one at the end of dinner, I suggested we play GTA V.

"OK, I'll join you two in a minute, let me clear this away." Me and the Mexican were having such a good time until he ruined it. He just had to go and ask!

"Sooo, either of you fellas got a special someone?" Adam slowly made his way over to me and shot me a worried glance. He then went on to blush, cough, and say 'well, ummm' repeatedly until I spoke up.

"Well, I suppose you could say that, couldn't you Adam..." Max, of course, looked dismayed, but only enough so only I could see it.

"Oh right, so who's the lucky gal then huh?" Adam shot me an extra worried look, but I stayed firm with my poker face. His features soon eased up in defeat. We both stood up and he put his arm around my waist, and I, his.

"Ta dah..." Adam said awkwardly. What the hell did he say that for? Max's' face looked paralyzed with shock. That was until he gave me the most deadly stare even. Man, if looks could kill! I mean, who could really blame him? He knew I knew that he liked Adam, and he didn't know about  me, he never asked me! Oh god, I just back-stabbed Max; no, I had completely shredded his back up last night when me and Adam did what we did, no, I have now moved onto his heart which is currently chopped into small cubes and awaiting to be carefully marinated in alcohol and tears. Max stood up away from us, anywhere but near us.

"No no no no, t-this this isn't right, y-you can't b-be toget-NO!" He tried to choke out before violently slamming his fist against the wall.  "I think I'm gonna go now. Adam thanks for this. I'll let myself out," He said bitterly and went to open the door, but turned around to Adam "Oh, and also, someday this loser will slip up and lose you. And when that happens, I'll be there to catch you, like I always do, only this time, you're gonna stay." And with that he left. Adam just broke down there in tears. I think the whole pressure of tonight was too much, and to find out it didn't have an impact on Max's reaction made it worse.

"Anthony, I'm scared. I love you so much, and I don't want to lose you. I don't want to lose you ever! I love you so much, so much..." He blurted out.

"Shhh, I know baby, I know. I'll always be here, I'm not going anywhere. Shhh."

XxXx

Okey, I know, I don't even deserve to be forgiven. To be honest, I am lazy. I have nothing stopping me from doing this apart from my lazyness. Also the fact that I don't have a plot for this story doesn't help. Yes, that's right, I don't know where this story is going, only the absolute ending, sorry! It has been exactly two months and two days since my last chapter got uploaded, so once again my deepest apologies!

Flore my bae :)

P.s My Brother says Hi to you all (No, I don't know why)