Ninety-Five & Ninety-Six

PART NINETY FIVE

As the clock neared 3am I found myself sat on Aston’s lap at the booth, most of my guests long departed.

“You better keep this outfit,” I whispered to Aston, my hands again gripping onto his braces. I just couldn't let them go.

“Why?” he asked.

“Because it’s bloody hot!” I replied. I sat and giggled to myself as he tutted away at me and my silly fantasy. 

“Hmm, I would like to see what all of this fuss is about,” said Aston, taking his hat off and putting it on my head. I grinned down at him as the hat flopped over my eyes.

*FLASH*

“MAGGIE!” I shouted.

“Don’t even,” she replied as she walked up to us with her camera, “You are actually going to love that picture. Just wait.” I pouted at her as Aston fixed the hat on my head. “Anyways, I’m off, Happy Birthday Jess!” said Maggie, tucking her camera away.

I jumped up off my place on Aston’s lap and gave her a hug, thanking her over and over for helping sort my party. I was so happy that we’d become so close over the last year.

“What about us?” asked Aston as I settle back down in my previous place.

“What about us?” I mimicked.

“We heading out soon?”

“Why? You got somewhere to be?” I asked.

“No, but you do,” he husked in my ear.

“Oh really? Where’s that?”

Instead of responding Aston pressed a kiss against my neck, his subsequent smile evident against my skin.

“Oh there!” I laughed, “Yes, I guess it is time to go!” I jumped up off his lap again, pulling him with me. I looked around, prepared to say goodbye to the rest of my guests, only to realize we were pretty much the last people in the club.

“I wanna shut down the club, with youuuu,” sang Aston into my ear as he steered me out into the blustery cold night, our coats in his hand.

The last remaining bouncer hanging around the club helped us hail a cab and then we were off, headed back down to Soho and my cute little flat.

I was still wearing Aston’s firefighter hat, as well as my pixie wings, when I attempted to slip into the cab, something which elicited weird looks from the cab driver and laughs from Aston.

“Shut up and help me!” I told him as my wing caught on the door.

“This is too funny,” he replied, standing back and snapping a picture with his phone.

I turned around and scrunched up my nose at him, giving him a playful scowl as I took the hat off my head and pressed it into his chest. Once he had hold of it I stuck my tongue out at him, before slipping my wings off and climbing into the cab.

“3am and she is still feisty,” laughed Aston once the cab had moved off the curb and was headed south. The ride was relatively silent. My hand was linked tightly with Aston’s as he stroked it gently with his thumb and kept sneaking me little kisses all over my neck and shoulder.

Out of the cab and into the foyer of my flat I heaved a sigh of discontent, the prospect of climbing several flights of stairs not really something I was in the mood for after spending hours dancing in heels at the club.

“Never fear,” said Aston in a playfully low voice. I turned to look at him, all suited up in his costume, hat and all. He did look absolutely gorgeous, I couldn't help but smile.