Seventy-Five & Seventy-Six

PART SEVENTY FIVE

I woke up the next morning to my phone blaring away. “Stoppp,” I moaned as I went to grab it and reset it. I usually set it for a half hour earlier than normal, let’s just say mornings weren’t my thing.

“Don’t reset it,” said a voice next to me.

I turned to see Aston laying there smiling at me. “What?” I asked him.

“Get your butt out of bed,” he commanded.

“I don’t have to get up for another half hour though,” I pouted.

“Yeah, but,” he said mimicking my whiny voice, “If you don’t get up now I’m not cooking you breakfast.”

“You? Cook me breakfast?” I laughed sarcastically.

“Fine,” he shrugged, flipping over in bed and facing away from me.

“Oh no you don’t!!” I laughed, pushing him so he nearly fell out of the bed, “I’m up!”

“Nope,” he said, “You lost your chance.”

“Stop it!” I laughed, pouncing on top of him, “To the kitchen boy!”

“Okay okay,” he said, “Now go get into that shower before you lose your food again.”

I rolled my eyes at him but got up anyways, grabbing a work dress and some underwear and heading downstairs to the bathroom. I let Aston clean his teeth quick before he wandered to the kitchen and I shut myself away to get ready for the day.

As I showered I let my mind wander off to what Aston could possibly be making. I’d told him to help himself to my kitchen, but I knew for a fact that I didn’t have much of anything that would constitute a proper breakfast. And, I had never seen the boy eat anything more than take away since we’d gotten back on speaking terms.

“What is this?” I asked when I came out of the bathroom all dressed for work.

“Breakfast is served,” smiled Aston. He’d laid two plates out on the coffee table with glasses of juice and steaming coffee. I had no idea where any of this stuff had come from since I didn’t have juice or eggs. “I went down to that shop outside,” he laughed as he took in my expression.

“Wow look at you,” I smiled.

“Now eat,” he said, pulling me to the couch. Before I took a bite I kissed his cheek gently, prompting him to turn his head and capture my lips with his own in a heated kiss. It left me hot and breathless when he finally pulled away to dig into his food.

“What was that for?” I asked him.

I watched as he swallowed a big bite of food and then shrugged. “Morning,” he grinned.

“Good morning,” I said skeptically, digging into my plate. In my head I was pretty sure that this was actually some sort of pent up sexual frustration that was being let out on his part, and I couldn’t blame him. It had been six weeks, and when you’re in a new relationship, that seems like an eternity!

The meal Aston had put together consisted of an omelet with all sorts of good things in it and some fruit. I had no idea he knew how to cook, and when I asked him about it he didn’t give me a straight answer. I liked that this boy could still surprise me with random things.

“Ok, work time,” I sighed as I gathered my things, “When am I seeing you tonight?”

“Not sure, I’ll text,” he said.

“No worries, thanks for breakfast,” I smiled, kissing him quickly.

“Not a problem babe,” he grinned, watching me scramble around and grab my things. I gave him another kiss, lingering as I pulled away, before heading off to work.