Thirty-One & Thirty-Two

PART THIRTY ONE

Waking up with Aston wrapped around me was one of the most comfortable experiences of my life. The breeze blew in from the screen door and the duvet was warmly wrapped around me. The best bit, though, was how Aston’s hand rested gently on my waist. Somehow he’d slipped it up my top slightly, and left it spread across my side in a protective manner. It felt so warm and nice and I never wanted to get up. Not to mention the fact that my face was pretty much pressed against his toned pecs, his perfect abs on show for only me to see.

I closed my eyes again, feigning sleep. The alarm hadn’t gone off yet, surprisingly, so I tried to get a few more minutes of shuteye before I was enveloped into the madness of the wedding. It was for naught though, as just as I started to drift off again Aston’s phone started blaring away.

“Ah damn,” mumbled Aston, releasing me and reaching for his phone to switch it off.

I stretched in bed, before snuggling into the duvet more, trying to find what little warmth there was.

“No you don’t babe,” laughed Aston, pulling the duvet off me slightly. “We’ve got a wedding to go to.”

“Sod them,” I said with my eyes closed, “I just want to lay here.”

“So do I,” he said, “But we’ve got to be good guests.”

“Can’t we have fifteen more minutes?” I asked, “I can get ready fast.”

“Fine, but that’s it, we need to be at the breakfast in a little over an hour,” said Aston, grabbing for his phone and resetting the alarm. As he did this I pulled the duvet back up from where he’d pulled it down, snuggling into it. Once Aston had settled into bed I cuddled closer to him, mostly for the warmth radiating off his body. “I see how it is,” he laughed.

“What?” I said.

“First it’s making me be nice to you, then its making me kiss you, and now you are making me cuddle you.”

“Am not,” I protested.

“Hmm ok,” he said with a roll of his eyes. “You’re only scantily dressed and pressing yourself right up against me. If we didn’t have somewhere to be, I don’t know if I’d be able to behave myself for much longer.”

“Stop,” I laughed, swatting his chest playfully. He was grinning like mad, but the second I stopped laughing he held his arm out for me to cuddle into. “I think we need another rule,” I said after a minute.

“Oh yeah?” he asked. 

“Yeah, what happens at Katherine and Bradley’s wedding, stays at Katherine and Bradley’s wedding.”

“Aww… You want a little Merrygold action later is that it?”

“I didn’t say that,” I said with a shocked expression on my face. The blush that splashed across my face gave me away straight away though.

“Yeah ok, only I wasn’t the one trying to strip last night.” I shut my mouth at this comment, knowing full well he’d won this round. “Hmm, cat got your tongue?” he asked me after a minute of lying in silence.

“No I’m just contemplating the ways that I can get you back.”

“Ahem,” he said, “No more games, remember?”

“Oh yes, my mistake,” I replied.

We lay in bed and bantered until the alarm went off again, and then Aston snoozed it so we could continue on for a little longer. When we weren't saying things that hit below the belt we actually had really good banter, it surprised me a little bit how easy it was. The next time the alarm went off we really did have to get up, so sulking I slipped out of the bed and started digging through my bag for my dress for the day and my toiletries for the bath.