Prologue

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. It was huge and airy, definitely not the room I was sharing with my friend’s little sister while in Vegas for the weekend. Sitting up slightly, my head hurt like crazy… shoot, must have a crazy hangover. What the hell happened last night?
Looking around the room I noticed a very tanned gentleman in the bed next to me. Oh shit! Did I... Yup, I'm not wearing any clothes, I definitely did. Classy Jess...
Quietly I slipped out of the bed, hoping not to wake up whoever it was. I really didn’t want to know, better to just forget it and move on. Quickly I grabbed my things, slipping my clothes from the night before back on as fast as I could. Better a walk of shame than figuring out what the hell was going on, and I was sure that my friends were wondering where I’d gotten to.
Just as I was about to leave I noticed two peculiar things. First, the strange silver band on the third finger of my left hand. Second, the crumpled up piece of paper on the bureau, with the title “Marriage License” written in block text across the top. Big, black, bold letters.
“Shit!!!” I said, maybe a little too loud.
“Whaaa?” asked a voice from the bed.
Oh god, I woke him up. I watched in horror as he sat up, staring at me with wide eyes.
“What the fuck?” I said, shocked to be staring at the boy who’d grown up next door to me.
“What are you doing here?” he asked, equally shocked.
Without answering him I turned back to the paper, picking it up and reading it over quickly. Hoping what it said wasn’t true. Oh but it was, it so was.
“Legally MARRIED?!?!” I said with shock.
“Sorry?” he stuttered, wrestling his way out of the bed sheets and looking for something to wear.
I turned to him, with a harsh look on my face. “What the fuck did you do to me last night?”
“What are you talking about?” he said, striding over to me with just his boxers on. I was so angry that I couldn’t see past the piece of paper in front of me. Good thing to, that boy looked damn fine in just his boxers.
“You heard me,” I said, passing him the paper.
“Shit…” he whispered, looking down at his own left hand, the same ring on his third finger. “We didn’t…”
“Ohh… I’m afraid we did,” I said.
“We need to undo this!” he said with a hint of urgency on his voice.
“You’ve got that right. I can’t possibly be married to… well, you of all people.”
“You think I want this either?”
“First time we’ve ever agreed I guess,” I said.
“Yeah, and last,” he said with a sarcastic tone, a sneer on his face.
Somehow I’d managed to get myself married to the one person in the world I couldn’t deal with. He’d made my life hell when we were younger, and I’d done my best to return the favor in kind. And now… now I had no idea what to do.