Chapter Four: You Run Away Before Dining With Your Fiancé Pt. I

Here's chapter 4! :DD Thanks for reading c:

P.S. if anyone notices editing mishaps, please comment and let me know! :DD Thanks bitches!

************************

Chapter Four: You Run Away Before Dining With Your Fiancé Pt. I

My feet thudded turbulently against the somewhat slippery concrete as the rain pelted down in thick, hazy sheets.

I'm so glad I wore my sneakers.

As I ran harder, faster, I continued to push myself until my vision started to blur, and my lungs were about to give out.

Not good, not good, not good.

When I started seeing black spots in my eyesight, I knew it was time to tone down my pace.

I had to have outran him by now, right? If I was about a heartbeat away from collapsing full-throttle onto the sidewalk in front of about seventy people, I'm pretty sure a smart guy would have the decency to keep his composure. To stay ALIVE and WELL.

Unlike this idiot (me), who decided that the greatest idea would be to sprint (in a fucking dress) until my body shut down.

I came to a stop when I reached a small corner stop. Lucky for me, I still had some cash in my bra (very classy) that Mom had given me earlier when I had gotten dressed.

My body went into autopilot and practically threw itself into the bitty corner store.

"I-I-I need w-water," I wheezed, slapping down a five dollar bill onto the counter.

The slightly-aged woman working the register looked like she shit herself; most likely because standing right before her, was a sixteen year old girl, drenched in rain water and sweat, makeup running, barely breathing, and pretty much having a full-on panic attack.

"Please!" I practically screamed through the bursts of air that was being allowed into my lungs.

I was in no shape to be running in the first place. What the hell was I thinking!?

Oh yeah. I wasn't.

She handed me a bottle of Fiji water (ooh, Fancy! Worth five dollars, I guess), and I downed it in under a minute.

I was still gasping for breath, clenching to each spurt of air I could get.

"Do you need medical help or assisting, Miss?" she asked me worriedly.

"No. I, I need more water," I winced sharply, getting out between shallow breaths.

Without hesitation she handed me another bottle, which I drank with more caution and restraint; I didn't want to cause any further breathing problems, it was already difficult as is.

"Are you positive I don't need to call someone, young lady? Your parents? A friend? Authorities?"

"No, no, no," I rushed out whilst holding my head, which felt like a boulder resting on my shoulders. "Do you mind if I just sit down for a moment?" I asked her, evening my breathing.

"Go right ahead, hun," she nodded with a reassuring smile, "you're gonna be fine. You don't have to run anymore."

I sighed, "I hope your right."

10 Hours Earlier.

"It is one o'clock, Renee!" Mom snapped. "You need to get up! Carrie is here waiting for you to get up."

"I don't care. I will never get out of this bed. I'm going on strike!"

"Really? By doing what?" Mom dragged out dully, pulling my curtains back.