Chapter One: The Day of Your Sweet 16, You Find Out The Big News..

Sooo. This is chapter one. Enjoy! P.S. if anyone notices editing mishaps, please comment and let me know! :DD Thanks bitches!

******************************

Chapter One: The Day of Your Sweet 16, You Find Out The Big News...

The day of my sixteenth birthday, I couldn't help but feel like something was just...off.

And I guess I should have trusted my gut then.

I woke up with a bad feeling.

Even though, this was supposed to be the day when everything starts to fall in place, right?

Sweet Sixteen! A brand new year! A brand new you!

Well, sort of.

I didn't wake up with anything different about me, except the odd feeling in my tummy.

My hair was still the dark mocha waves I was born with. My eyes were still dull green, practically grey, almost. And I still wasn't stick-thin. Still curvy.

No changes.

So with a yawn, I swung my legs over my bed and headed to my bathroom, hoping, just begging to whatever spiritual thing that was listening, that my family wouldn't forget my birthday,

Trust me, I'd watched 'Sixteen Candles' plenty of times. Molly Ringwald is my favorite actress. Also, I have a fascination with the '80s. The music, the movies, some of the clothing (not the horrible stuff. Ew), and some of the people.

I wish I lived in the '80s.

Oh, well.

I turned on my radio and it just so happened to be playing 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol.

Gotta love the '80s.

"But when I'm kinda lonely, she gives me head," I smirked, singing along.

Before I got into the shower, my cellphone beeped within my room notifying me that I had texts.

Happy Sweet 16, Baby (; -Greg.

Greg was my boyfriend. He was sweet and smelled like cookies.

Yeah. That's a very good thing.

Happy Birthday, bitch-tits!-Carrie

Carrie. She's my best friend. She's a year ahead of me, but our parents have been best friends since before we were even born. Therefore, giving us automatic best-friendship.

Lucky for us, we weren't complete opposites.

But we both had decade obsessions. She loved the '60s. She totally had the hippy chic thing down. She even had a record player, and had tons of vintage vinyls from her grandparents that we listened to.

She even let me bring my vinyls from the '80s over to her house when we had sleepovers.

Carrie was my soul-sister.

***

After I got out of the shower, I got dressed in my usual gear. A pair of dark washed, 'ripped-to-shreds' jeans, a graphic tee, and my Superman-blue Converse High-Tops.

My hair would dry naturally, so I didn't bother with doing anything to it, except add mousse.

Nor did I put on any makeup. I went au natural. Okay, okay. Mascara isn't natural. Whoopdee-doo.

Once I walked into the kitchen...I screamed.

Why? Because my parents were holding a giant-ass platter of French-Toast with a '16' candle on, Carrie was holding a cat with a blue bow on it's head, and my younger turd of a brother, Jamie, was nowhere to be seen.